General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 Accord power windows and gauges not working

Old 11-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Default 94 Accord power windows and gauges not working

I have a 1994 Accord EX 2.2 VTECH MT. The other day I got in my car and used my jimmie rigged ignition switch where I have the white ignition switch pulled down below the dash to start the car with a screw driver. To answer the obvious question it is not stolen the piece that connects the key to the switch snapped and I have not replaced it yet. But I digress.

When I pulled the switch down I think it hit some metal and I saw it arch and now my power windows and my gauge cluster do not work. Only the battery light is on. All other accessories work; radio, door locks, etc.

I have read a ton of other similar posts and either the person fixed it and did not post how or the issues were not as similar as I thought and I have tried a few of the things to try and fix it.

I have tested all my fuses and the ones that do not work are the Starter signal and all the fuses related to the power windows. I have changed a few of them with fuses I know to be good and I still get no power. I even switched the cooling fan relay with the window relay as suggested in another post and no change.

I called a shop and the guy was convinced it was a fuse issue but I have no idea which fuse he believes it to be. Sorry for the super long post but I thought I should give every gory detail.

Any help is infinitely appreciated.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Excellent post. I can tell you read the sticky, so thanks.

Did all of the windows switches on the doors stop working?

It sounds like a blown fuse to me as well. You have two fuse boxes in your car. One in the engine bay and one under the dash on the driver's side of the car.

For the power windows, here are the fuses you should check: 15, 37, 28, 26, 24, 25. Those fuses are all in the engine bay fuse box. See attached pic. #15 is a big fuse, so if you have a volt meter, you can see if there is 12V to body ground on each bolt that holds it in place.

Attached Thumbnails 94 Accord power windows and gauges not working-fuse.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thank you so much!! This REALLY REALLY helped me out so much I was in TEARS going through all the fuses and this sorted me all out to the exact ones needing to be changed<3 and it was Fuse 1 was my issue :P for power windows, gauges,and the shiftier!so you made my day!
this page also explains allot for others out their with fuse issues http://honda-tech.com/attachment.php...1&d=1326557338