Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Running speaker wires into front doors.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 PM
csnut18
Unregistered
Default Running speaker wires into front doors.

Hey everyone, I am new here. In any event, I have a 2007 Honda accord without the nav system. My question is in regard to running speaker wires thrugh the door jamb boot on this car. Someone I know told me that the car has moles connectors in the doors which makes phishing new wire through the jamb boot impossible. He told me it is unlike my other car which is a 06 acura rsx type s which you just stick a coat hanger in and fish the wire through. How did you guys run new speaker wire through the front door? What is the maximum gauge wire that will fit. I have twisted 12 gauge speaker wire that is real thick especially with that plastic covering on the outside of the wire. Thank you so much in advance.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Default RE: Running speaker wires into front doors.

im doing mine pretty soon so if i do it before you ill let ya know i have an 04 though i dont know if they changed that part so it might be different

Old 07-31-2007, 02:06 AM
csnut18
Unregistered

No, its the same exact thing since 03. I am soo anxious to hear from people on this so I hope you do your thing soon and other people should respond as well.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i am interested as well...want to run new speaker wires when i install my amp.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:57 PM
csnut18
Unregistered

Cmon, I am sure someone has run speaker wire through the door jamb. I hope they speak up.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:01 PM

well i want to do it tomorrow but it looks like its going to be raining for the rest of the week i could just work in my garage but im really not sure.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:36 AM
csnut18
Unregistered

I would love to have a garage big enough to work in. If I had that, I would never work outside even if the weather was nice. Go for it.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:52 AM

its really not big enough to work in considering how much junk is in my garage but ill just have to make it work

i dont think i can wait to hear how itll sound simply amping my factory speakers and of course the wires will be there if i ever decide to get aftermarket

Old 08-01-2007, 09:03 PM

I was able to run the wires thru on the passenger side with little problem. However the drivers side door wasnt the same. I couldnt get any wires thru there so I wound up drilling a hole in the door.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 AM

+1

i only looked at the drivers side door and it would be impossible to run wires through without drilling a hole so i didnt even bother not sure about the passenger side door

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Running speaker wires into front doors.