Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Service Manuals for 9th Gen Accords

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default Service Manuals for 9th Gen Accords

This week I decided to try purchasing a shop repair manual online. I also paid for a subscription to a Honda tech site. I thought others may be interested in what I found.

Manual:

I paid $20 for an electronic shop manual. The site I went through was a combination of WeTransfer and TradeBit. I started at WeTransfer then noticed it referenced TradeBit so I went there to avoid one stop.
http://manualprostore.tradebit.com/d...ice-and-repair
Once you give them money, you get a download link. The fine print on the site says the link you get won't be for the manual, but will give you contact instructions for who does have the manual. The first download is a 6kb 7zip folder and in it is a .txt file with instructions to send an email to a gmail account with vehicle info. Seems shady, but I did what the instructions asked and the next morning I had an actual file download link to the 2013-2016 Honda Accord shop manual for both L4 and V6. It is a 342MB PDF with bookmarks for sections. It's 11,364 pages!!!!! The resolution is ok, lower than I would like but given the file size to page count ratio, I'm not surprised. It is very usable and the resolution of the images is good enough, as good as a standard print manual. Most of it is in black and white but the schematics include some color on wiring. It appears to be very detailed and includes diagnostic steps and information (like how to determine if a sensor is faulty, including electrical measurements and tolerances). It is text searchable as well. This was worth $20.

Tech Site:

I paid $10 for one day of access to https://techinfo.honda.com. It covers all years/models/trim Honda vehicles. It is easy to search and has downloadable and printable (to PDF) options for everything. I like how they have color schematics and since it is interactive, you can click on a harness in the schematic and it pulls up a view of the harness with pin-out information. Much of the info is linkable so when in an instruction you can jump to a related link (like how speaker removal instructions has a link to door panel removal instructions). When working on a new car, I typically snag a one-day subscription to online tech sites so I can download all of the instructions for interior disassembly, schematics, harness pin-out diagrams, etc. It takes several hours to grab all of the data, but then you can keep it and reference or print it out. I was focusing on 2014-2018 accord audio schematics and harness info.

I noticed that many of the diagrams and instructions on the tech site look identical to the shop manual. The shop manual is crazy detailed but given the number of pages, it also isn't as easy to quickly reference for the audio schematics of interest to many in forums. I like that I was able to download discrete PDFs of schematics that will be easy to share in the forums. I also like that I have a full shop manual for the car now that I am at 107k and will need to start performing some maintenance.

On the tech site I found info on the ELD. And to my surprise, it seems to be the same setup as my 2001 Accord that I did a bypass for. I will soon attempt to fool the 9th gen PCM and try to get voltage up!

I also found out that this exists:
Honda Part No.: 07AAZ-SDBA100
Audio Diagnostics CD

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 01-18-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:47 PM

Awesome, I am in need of this for my 2015 Accord EX-L V6 Sport Coupe. I have JL amps, subs, speakers, Fix-82 and Twk-88. Installed a Yellow Top Optima in the Trunk for about 50 dollars and a new Red Top Optima to replace the stock battery under the hood cost around 85 dollars for that. Just need to figure out the bypass before adding new XSpower supercell capacitors.

Appreciate all the posts you have done so far. Still reading your work and insight on the Forum.

Thanks!!