Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Speaker wire info

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:04 PM
DJ NVS
Unregistered
Default Speaker wire info

Just bought a 96 Accord LX Sedan 2 weeks ago. The rear speaker wires were disconnected with aftermarket speakers. Does anyone know what colors are positive and negative on each side?

Thanks in advance,
DJ NVS

Old 08-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Can't give you an answer on that, and even if you did get one, it still may not be right. Even same model years can have different wire colors. You can wire them up either way, only problem is they may be out of phase with each other. If your running cheapo speakers off headunit power I wouldn't be concerned. If they are good speakers and are amped, you shouldn't be using the stock wiring to begin with so just route your own wiring and you will be good to go and better off.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 PM
DJ NVS
Unregistered

I'm new to Honda, but I know that GM always used the same in each vehicle...eg. brown/black RR neg etc.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:26 AM

it doesnt matter if pos goes to pos nd neg to neg on little speakers like that as long as the poles arent crossed u wont blow anything, no fires either lol
2 X-plod 6x9 Booooooooooooooo lol

Old 09-23-2009, 10:50 AM

it doesnt matter if pos goes to pos nd neg to neg on little speakers like that as long as the poles arent crossed u wont blow anything, no fires either lol
Is there any post reply from you that does make any sense? Blow anything? no fires? WTF! Don't listen to that guy. Polarity does matter to be the same among all the speakers in order to get the proper bass response. Beside the point try these colors LR speaker (+/-) are blue/yellow // gray/white and RR speaker (+/-) are red/yellow // brown/white.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:55 AM

lol true!^^^^
if fatty saw this he'd own that guy

Old 09-23-2009, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by My03Accord
Is there any post reply from you that does make any sense? Blow anything? no fires? WTF! Don't listen to that guy. Polarity does matter to be the same among all the speakers in order to get the proper bass response. Beside the point try these colors LR speaker (+/-) are blue/yellow // gray/white and RR speaker (+/-) are red/yellow // brown/white.
Well, I feel bad disagreeing with you as you are generally right and been taking a big load of me. But bass response won't really suffer from switching the phasing 180*, but what you are saying is correct you want your speakers in phase. Especailly the front speakers, being that low, facing each other, and having the center console in the way it is important to have them in phase. To do so you have to flip the phasing on the right (or left) speaker 180*, or simply flip the wires around.

Alec I already told this kid how it is, not like it will do much in a month there will be a another 18 year old kid in here desperate for attention, they will never stop coming. At least they are easy to spot out for people that really don't know, they usually can't speak English any better than a deaf dog...

Old 09-23-2009, 03:16 PM

Well, I feel bad disagreeing with you as you are generally right and been taking a big load of me. But bass response won't really suffer from switching the phasing 180*, but what you are saying is correct you want your speakers in phase. Especailly the front speakers, being that low, facing each other, and having the center console in the way it is important to have them in phase. To do so you have to flip the phasing on the right (or left) speaker 180*, or simply flip the wires around.
Yes bass response will change if the speakers are in same axis. i answered with a general response to the affects of having one out of phase compared to the other 3 would hurt the bass reponse, as he didn't know the speaker colors or if in fact he did run new wires. I wasn't going to go into the whole 0* to 360* change depending on the vertical or horizontal axis plane in respect to the other speakers, mid range, midbass or tweeter placement. Most of these members aren't running a complex system. How do i become a guru?

Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM

I see, sorry I misinterpreted what you were saying, but it's not really so much bass output that would suffer. What would take a hit is your imaging and sound stage, but I guess I could see how the low end could be diminished, but I doubt it would be very noticeable. As for the guru thing, I didn't ask for the title it's just our admin (Angelo) having fun. I've just been here a while answering peoples questions alone, before I really became active the A/V section was pretty much dead and filled with kids like "shabba" arguing over who's sh*tty 15" sub was louder. I really don't want the title, I don't feel that I'm anywhere near an expert in this field, but I feel it would be disrespectful to ask him to remove it.

Last edited by t00fatt; 09-23-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:11 PM

Understandable. I'm here to help spread the knowledge.

Quick Reply: Speaker wire info