Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Stereo/Wiring (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/stereo-wiring-42541/)

AckerVTEC 09-02-2011 11:33 AM

Stereo/Wiring

Alright so I have a 2000 accord coupe 4cyl and I just purchased a 4 AWG wiring kit for my amp(which will be Located in the trunk. Is there a place on my firewall that i can go through on the passenger side to run the wire under the door trim on the floor?

side note:
is there anyone that is woofer savvy that may be able to give me advice on how to situate twin 10 JL W6's in the trunk of my accy?

poorman212 09-02-2011 07:35 PM

KHA in the audio/visual section should be able to help you out......I don't have a clue, I'm happy with my tape deck and stock speakers in the 95 :)

piggylover1985 09-02-2011 10:27 PM

There is a rubber grommet by the firewall that you could use to run the amp wire though.

AckerVTEC 09-03-2011 10:54 PM

Ok so now i have all my wiring for the amp done...RCA's and the 4awg power wire. Heres my new problem... i was attempting to install my new head unit and decided to cut off the factory wiring harness to splice in the pioneer harness... none of the wires match up. I called crutchfield and they said i would have been better off using an adapter, so now what i need to know is should i buy the replacement OEM harness for my honda and also the adapter from crutchfield and just start from there? or is there a proper way to use the funky colored honda wires with the universal color coded pioneers?

piggylover1985 09-04-2011 05:56 AM

Oh no don't do that, but it's too late now, well you could do it either way, are you good with soldering ? Solder and heat shrink the factory plug back and get yourself and adapter for Pioneer to Honda and just plug and play, you can swap back to factory radio later if you sell the car. Or you could just splice into the wires, even though the colors of the wires are not the same but you can still do it, do you have the color coded wires from the Pioneer unit ? Match it up with the Honda wiring diagram and you are good to go, pretty simple, try this for Honda wiring diagram
Constant 12V+ Wire: White/Green
Switched 12V+ Wire: White/Red
Ground Wire: Black
Illumination Wire: Red
Dimmer Wire: Red/Black
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Black
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Black
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/White

Please disconnect the battery before you are doing this, don't take chances to fry the driver mutiplex control unit. Make sure you don't wire the dimmer and illumination wires backward, bad things could happen.

AckerVTEC 09-04-2011 09:49 AM

WOW! Your my new hero I believe :) how do mean get the illumination wire backwards? and also i am installing an amp which wire do i connect the control wire from the amp to ?

and which power wire do i use? the pioneer harness has a yellow wire that says its for power but not another power wire?

Is the black ground the big black wire or the small?

piggylover1985 09-04-2011 12:06 PM

Some people wired the illumination wire to the dimmer wire by mistake. Any 12v source can be use to signal power up the amp, i usually install a switch in between because i don't want the subs to come on all the time.
There should be 2 power wires, one is for constant 12v and another one is for switch power which power up the unit with key on.

AckerVTEC 09-04-2011 02:33 PM

there are some wires that idk what to do with... an orange wire coming from the pioneer harness and a yellow and black saying mute. where do i connect these?

what wire do i connect the amp remote wire to to make my amp come on?

coming from the honda set of wires there are 2 black wires one is larger than the other but both are fastened to the chassis as if they are both grounds which one do i connect to the pioneer ground wire?

piggylover1985 09-04-2011 04:23 PM

Does you Pioneer unit comes with any label on the wires or instruction ? Any 12v power wire with "key on" can be use to power the amp, even cigarette light or switch power wire. Orange wire could be for illumination but not 100% sure. The ground wire should be just a ground, which you can ground it to the chassis if you want.

AckerVTEC 09-04-2011 05:06 PM

There is also a yellow and black wire that says "mute" what do i connect it to?
i have figured out the other wiring (the red and black wire in the honda is the dimmer wire which i dont need lol)

the only other wires left from the honda are a black wire and a blue wire... i was told that the blue is the power antenna wire which i dont need no antenna on my car.. the black is mounted to the same place as the ground so i just tied it in with the grounds.

my system should be good now right?