Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

trunk removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Default trunk removal

ok, i came up with a solution to rattling trunks..... Just take it off! put one of those cargo nets, like u see on the back of a redneck's pickup truck on there to keep all your shiat from flyin out. Not only will it stop the trunk from rattling, it looks super cool!

Disclaimer: theycallmerickjames has not ACTUALLY lost his mind, he is just frustrated from his rattling trunk LOL

Old 06-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Default RE: trunk removal

Go get some expandable foam from the Home Depot or Lowe's and spray it in the holes in the trunk then, apply a layer of extreme sound deadner. Also lower the frequency at around 100hz and increase the frequency at around 50hz. My trunk doesn't rattle anymore....just nice clean bass.

Old 06-24-2005, 03:54 PM

i have already applied dynamat to my entire trunk. I hate that foam junk though... I figured out what rattles but i ran out of dynamat before i found it. If any of you guys have an 03+ accord coupe, take off the license plate holder and apply dynamat in between the two parts there. To get it off there are two 8mm bolts on the inside of the truck, then it just pops off with two clips at the bottom. When i took that off, the rattles stopped, so i'm pretty sure if i can insulate between those parts it will stop. Now if there was just a way to keep my rear view mirror from coming un-adjusted when the base hits

Old 06-24-2005, 08:43 PM

Dynamat works crazy good call rickjames

Old 06-25-2005, 01:51 PM

I have an 02' my trunk still rattled with a nice layer of Dynamat Extreme, which is how I came up with the expandable foam. Coupled together it's awesome.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:42 PM

hey 6thgen
how did u apply it though i mean ive seen guys who applied it and its **** then i've seen those who actually know wtf they are doing and its works great

Old 06-27-2005, 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocker

hey 6thgen
how did u apply it though i mean ive seen guys who applied it and its **** then i've seen those who actually know wtf they are doing and its works great
How to apply what the foam or the Dynamat? For the dynamat it rolls on with a small roller, be sure to do it in the appropriate temperatures (not too cold) and use the roller to get a clean job. It's not precut either, so a box cutter will do fine. It's like $5 extra, but it'll look 100% better. For the foam they're are holes in underbody of your trunk lid obviously, and the can comes with a long platic nozzle, get several cans and fill in the gaps, but don't spray your locking mechanisms. You just want to fill the empty spaces as much as possible.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:52 AM

yesss.... i put the dynamat in the spot that rattled like an SOB and no more rattles, thank god.... it sounded like there were midgets in my trunk shaking buckets of rocks

Old 08-16-2005, 09:06 PM

That foam crap will expand. [:@]

Old 08-17-2005, 12:35 PM

The foam is supposed to expand thats what makes it work...it's supposed to fill.

Quick Reply: trunk removal