Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

tweeter tuning

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)
Default tweeter tuning

so my crossovers have three settings. they have -3, 0, -6. i was going to install a set in the sail pillars and another set in the stock place on the dash under the grills (i am assuming those are tweeters as i can not imagine where the stock ones would be other than there). what i was wondering is what should i set them at. the way the crossover is made they do not have to be set the same. i was thinking flat for the sail pillars and -6 in the dash to avoid what i have seen reffered to as hot spots on the glass. (or tweeters seeming loud in a specific spot) i have very little experience with tweeters and by little i mean none. up until this point the extent of my car sudio has involved coaxils and subs. i was looking for advice from someone who has worked with components and seeing if maybe there is a better way to set them up.

i have curtain airbags and i dont want to put tweeters in the a pillar. any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Testing is necessary. Experiment with the settings to determine the best performance. You may want the opposite so the sail tweeters are attenuated since they are closer.