Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

US to UK Light Conversion 03 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 02:23 PM
yostbusters
Unregistered
Default US to UK Light Conversion 03 Accord

I recently shipped my US spec 2003 Accord over to the UK. In order to register it I need to have alterations made to my lighting system to comply with UK standards. Has anyone had any experience with this? I would like to do the conversion making as few irreversible changes to my vehicle.

I am required to have turn signals mounted on the side (on door or mirror). Do they make this for the 2003 model, I havent found any. Also, Im required to have front left and right position lights (NOT fog lights). I dont know of anything stock from Honda that would comply, but I found some small, long thin LED lights that would probably be unnoticeable.

Any ideas or experience on how to make the light conversion as good as possible?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

For the side lights:
eBay has some cheaper turn signal mirrors or you can buy side markers. Both require some work to install, I.e. Splicing into turn signal wiring, cutting the fenders, etc.

For the position lights: those are likely the same as intersection lights, where when a turn signal is activated that light turns on and stays on. Usually found on buicks in the U.S. For example.

I'm surprised they don't require the headlights to be changed to a different beam pattern for driving on the other side of the road...

Id visit the Honda dealer over there and inquire about what you should do and if they offer anything.