Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Ways to connect an iPod to my accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Default Ways to connect an iPod to my accord

Hi there guys, so yes, I got a new (used) car and I'm excited. The 6-CD changers forced me to burn so many of my MP3 and I ended up burning 20 in 2 days...which is very inefficient.
I know there are many ways to connect the iPod to the car. I'm also familiar with the conventional tape-caste adapter which I find horrible.
However, I found online many people like this one who actually made it all themself. Since I have zero skills / will to do it myself - my question is - do you guys thing and electrician mechanic will be willing to do it - is it smart even to think of installing it ? Can it risk something ?

And hi... if you can think of another solution of having my ipod in my honda, which are not as complex and hard to execute but still provide good sound quality PLEASE let me know.

Gingi.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Default RE: Ways to connect an iPod to my accord

i use the Harman Kardon Ipod Drive + Play. http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/

i have the first one, which is only $100 from best buy, while the 2nd one is much more expensive for little improvement. mine hooks right to the back of my head unit, so basically i wont ever have to buy a new headunit again. but hooking it up like that gives the best quality. you need a place to mount the control wheel, and a place to mount the screen. other than that i love it. ive had it for 2 years or so. here's a pic of the setup in my car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6381/A3A2DA5E514A4CB9B9701F6946365105.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-09-2007, 06:34 AM

the harman device is good, or you can look at ipod integration units from USA-spec. crutchfield carries them. they plug into your head unit as well, but you can use your steering wheel controls and info will show up on your stock deck. be sure to get the one for your car.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Please take a look at this thread.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_79939/tm.htm

Old 10-09-2007, 10:42 AM

And if you still do not want to do it yourself, I would go to a place like Circuit City (I'm not sure if Best Buy does installation, they probablydo)and ask them. Tell them you want to make your iPod play in your car and ask how much they will charge to do it.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:02 PM

Better yet, talk to the techs and find out who will do it cheaper outside of work!

Old 10-09-2007, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Gingi

Hi there guys, so yes, I got a new (used) car and I'm excited. The 6-CD changers forced me to burn so many of my MP3 and I ended up burning 20 in 2 days...which is very inefficient.
I know there are many ways to connect the iPod to the car. I'm also familiar with the conventional tape-caste adapter which I find horrible.
However, I found online many people like this one who actually made it all themself. Since I have zero skills / will to do it myself - my question is - do you guys thing and electrician mechanic will be willing to do it - is it smart even to think of installing it ? Can it risk something ?

And hi... if you can think of another solution of having my ipod in my honda, which are not as complex and hard to execute but still provide good sound quality PLEASE let me know.

Gingi.

welcome to the forum. what kind of car do you have? is it a honda?

Old 10-09-2007, 04:10 PM

Here you go smaglik: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_8..._/tm.htm#81442 That should answer your question.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:40 PM

i guess i missed the honda comment the Op made...but there wasnt model info...and i refuse to search someone else's threads to find that out.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:56 PM

here's a link to what you're looking for buy a little bit more expensive since it's oem http://handaaccessories.com/accelect03.html

Quick Reply: Ways to connect an iPod to my accord