Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

whats the best ipod intergration unit

Old 07-28-2007, 02:11 AM
richnamk
Unregistered
Default whats the best ipod intergration unit

I know that there are alot of them out there but before I make my decision want to know what yall think of what you have.

I havea 07 coupe w/navi. everything stock so far...

Old 07-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Default RE: whats the best ipod intergration unit

I saw a post in an Acura forum showing the latest DICE unit. It integrates very well with the navi, displaying track info using the XM channel.

Check this thread and scroll down for a pic. http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159814

I read (there or elsewhere) that it also works with Honda nav's.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

stay away from the honda OEM one...poor interface.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:49 AM
richnamk
Unregistered

So no thoughts on the neo, dice, usa spec,or ice link?

Old 07-29-2007, 09:51 AM

I just put in a USA Spec PA11- Hon2y integration unit, and it is the best thing I have ever seen. I had before that a Blitzsafe which just came with a headphone adapter, but it was garbage for the iPod. When I would charge my iPod and play music you would hear a whining noise, furthermore I couldnt use my steering controls to change the track. THe USA Spec sets the iPods volume to the optimum level, and lets you control your iPod from your stereo, and even charges your iPod too. Whats even better is that all the parts that are neccessary come with it. Your XM radio wont be gone or anything. Even more reasons to get it, they refined the USA Spec system and added Hybrid mode, you can use your factory deck to switch tracks, and now with the new Hybrid mode can actually change the track on your iPod. After having Blitzsafe, and the actual OEM Honda Link iPod integration system, this is the only one I reccomend. I bought mine from a seller on ebay who offers a one year warranty on all of his products, and sends the package the same day. The guy has a whole ebay store dedicated to USA Spec products and does what I deemed a very good job. The instructions are thorough, and this seller offers a 30 day money back guarentee, I believe his eBay name is Integrationsolutions or something of that sort. Just put in PA11- Hon2y in the search field, and most probably his listings will come up. Crutchfield has been out of stock of this item for about a year now sooo its your call. Good luck.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:12 PM
dodgerblue18
Unregistered

hey everybody.

i just got a 2007 accord EX model (xm ready?) but anyhow, I wanted to get 2 auxilary inputs , one for my sirius radio and the other for an ipod. Does anybody know what adapter I need to get? I dont really care for the controls on the steering wheel or the screen text, etc. I just want the basic 2 inputs. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks, i appreciate it!
Steve

Old 07-29-2007, 06:35 PM

sounds like a sweet setup...how much was it?

Old 08-03-2007, 06:26 PM
richnamk
Unregistered

Ok all I finally decied to go with the Dice I-HONDA-R3 Gen2 its sounds great and the factory controls work, but I lost the XM not that I use it.
If you have Navi then you need the R4 kit. Trust me You Need It. Great thing about this unit is that you also have a aux-input jack.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:58 PM

Will a basic aux input cable supply high-quality audio transfer if it's hooked up to an ipod on one end and a head unit w/ aux input on the other end? Is it about the same quality as using a cd, or is there any difference between the two?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:12 PM

yeah. it does a pretty good job. i would spring for the gold contacts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: whats the best ipod intergration unit