Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

XM Satellite Radio From Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default XM Satellite Radio From Dealer

According to OwnerLink there is an XM Radio available for my '06 Accord but they want like $1400 to have it installed? Am I reading this correctly???? Couldn't one go to Best Buy or Circuit City and get an aftermarket head unit with XM capability and have it installed for much less that that? Also, is there any way to hook up a line-level audio input to the stock 6 CD changer? I know there is an iPod hookup thing that Honda can install, which is good since I have an iPod but I have my XM Roady2 Radio from my old car and would rather just install that and run it directly into the stereo rather than using the FM transmitter as it degrades the sound. There is a button labeled "CD/AUX" on the stereo, where exactly do you hook up something to the "AUX"? Any thoughts and/or ideas on this would be appreciated...

Old 10-08-2006, 11:40 AM
krob111
Unregistered
Default RE: XM Satellite Radio From Dealer

There is a 14 pin connector on the back of the head unit. It is easy to get to once you remove the storage bin. You dont even need to remove the head unit from the dash, as once you get the storage bin out (which was a royal pain in the ***) the connector port you need to get to as at the bottom of the back of the head unit. I just installed a USA SPEC iPod interface using this port. I have fatcory XM which was already using this port. I had to get a subharness 'Y' adaptor from Honda ($15) that allowed me to plug in both the XM radio and the iPod to this port. Hope this helps.