Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Yellow Top Battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Default RE: Yellow Top Battery

guess i shoudlnt have opened my mouth about caps i mean im just a senior lever physics/engineering student who just completed an electrodynamics class and has a fetish for car audio, so what would i know about caps?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if the audio system draws more power then a cap has a chance to recharge yeah, lights are going to dim, its just a more functional reserve then a battery even tho depending on the battery a cap wont last as long. And technically you dont need to do the big 3, you just need to do the alternator. and upgrading your audio system to the point where you have 300amps of potential ground current running through the trans/engine then you kinda need to reconsider how youre wiring your whole system. as for a 300 amp alternator? you arent going to have that in the stock location anyways so depending on how its installed it wont be grounding through your engine anyways.

but either way unless you plan on running http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/...s_XX_Maxximus/ i doubt you will really be making use of that 0 awg off the big 3

Old 07-11-2007, 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

the 0 awg was in reference to grounding, not powering,
Same principle bro - you can lose voltage thru the ground wire just as easily as the power wire.

SPL competition does not mean street beatspl isnt run for 30+ minutes at a time, actually...... how many people do you know street beating 25kwatts?
Actually all 4 SPL competition orgs have a format that is a 30 second average. So the competitor pulls up to the mike and blasts for 30 seconds straight at full power and his score is his average db over the 30 seconds. Granted thats not 30 minutes, but to keep 25,000+ watts churning at full power for 30 seconds aint no small feat.

And while your average guy wont be rolling with 25K watts, that doesnt mean you cant learn from them. In fact the guy that can keep 25,000 watts fed is precicely the guy I want to learn from to keep my measly 1000 watts running. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-12-2007, 08:22 AM

Yes, this is true on both parts, but theres not much of any resistance on a foot of ground wire and many would be hard pressed to have an issue with 4awg ofc as ground wire at that length, and i would love to learn more from a person whos pulling high numbers and only using 1000 watts ^_-

but yeah, i have a friend who ran a comp sub that could handle a 10kw burp.... he street beat it with a a2200hct running at .5ohm yeah, needless to say the sub was obliterated after about 2 weeks..... the spider was torn, the coil was fused, and that was only part of the destruction, but hey, at least during the time it was running it was hitting between 130 and 140 db........ it hurt a little being in his car......

Old 07-12-2007, 07:44 PM

The loudest Ive been around so far is a 170 db burp. It was a weird feeling. Even tho I was 5 ft outside the vehicle, I could feel the vibration thru the ground and inside my body. Very weird!

The world record is 180.3 I believe. Yikes! That would kill you instantly if your were inside the car!! Its Scott Owens in an F250 Super Duty running Pioneer SPL subs and about 100,000 watts!!!!![sm=hail.gif]

Old 07-12-2007, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: MacLeod

The loudest Ive been around so far is a 170 db burp. It was a weird feeling. Even tho I was 5 ft outside the vehicle, I could feel the vibration thru the ground and inside my body. Very weird!
do youknow thesetup?

Old 07-12-2007, 09:17 PM

No. I didnt get a chance to check it out. It was my first major event - Carl Casper Nationals February last year- which was held alongside the largest car show in the country up in Lousiville, KY.There weretons of things going on.

I did have a buddy that competed in USACi who routinely hit in the mid 160's using 4 MTX 12's and powered by 5000 watts of Rockford Fosgate. Listened to Dave Mathews thru it one day. Was awesome! Even with the amp gain all the way down, the sub fader all the way down and the bass on the CD player all the way down, the kick drum would still punch a hole in your chest!
[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 07-12-2007, 09:44 PM

I had a chance to listen to a system that was running 5 orion 12's and it rattled a hanger bay

Old 07-12-2007, 09:49 PM

there is a show in sc next month, http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245789 and a show in ga 21st of this month. also macleod are you a member of CA.com/forums?

Old 07-13-2007, 11:59 AM

I went to a lowrider show here in miami last year, there was a tahoe with four 18 " kicker solo Xs and god knows how much power. The bass was so strong when I walked up to it with a video camera, the video went out on the recording. It was defiantly the loudest thing I have EVER heard.

Quick Reply: Yellow Top Battery