Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Aftermarket Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 12:28 AM
bcass689
Unregistered
Default Aftermarket Sunroof

I bought my 2003 Accord Coupe used from a private seller. I love my car, but, there is one thing that I want so bad. A sunroof. I have heard some good and some bad things about getting a sunroof installed. What are your opinions? Anyone put one in? Any problems? Thanks guys.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Default RE: Aftermarket Sunroof

Lots of places do this aftermarket but plan on spending $900++ assuming you want it powered. I had one installed in an '03 Corolla. It looked better than factory and even closed itself if I forgot to. I wish the Accord would do that.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:01 AM
Almost A Senior Member

I had a sunroof installed on my S10 and I never had and problems with it, I think you really need to do some research before you settle on a shop to do it, something major like that will definitely benefit you in the long run....

Old 03-16-2007, 07:23 PM
bcass689
Unregistered

Thanks you guys. Anyone have an opinion, I would appreciate it!

Old 03-16-2007, 09:14 PM

Here's a couple of things to consider.... If you do it make certain the shop that does it knows what they are doing, a leaky sunroof or a bad install is only going to bring you pain/headache down the road.... Also, if you plan on racing that car in something like auto x I probably wouldn't get one, it will allow more body roll on the car and not handle as well, it's not a HUGE difference but if you want to be competitive it is going to affect your handling/times a little bit... if it's just a daily driver then I'd say go for it after you research who is good at what they do, see if the shop will give you some referances of people they installed them for say 4 years ago or so.... then ask that person if they've ever had any problems...

Old 02-01-2008, 12:19 AM

wow... i never thought I will find this thread in here...
i have also been thinking of installing a sunroof as well... but i never know how much or how bad or good that will be...

Old 02-01-2008, 10:49 AM

NOT worth it lol....i have a nice sunroof thankfully but if i diddnt i would never think of getting one installed..its really sketch ..the ones ive seen are all LEAKY

Old 02-01-2008, 10:57 AM

I've seen plenty of them installed that don't leak at all, it's all about who installed it and what quality of product they used.... If it's done right it can be better than stock, if not then it's going to suck...

Way to go on using the search function! Props for that!

Old 02-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Almost A Senior Member

My car came with an aftermarket sunroof. Seller said she had it installed after buying it in early 97. No leaks what so ever even with heavy rain. I heard sunroofs that don't have drain pipes are usually the ones that leak.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:59 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

what do you lose if you get one your dome light or your sunglass holder/map light. also is the glass usually the same as like a standered one?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sunroof