Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

best car wax (exterior)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Default best car wax (exterior)

hi I am currently using mothers fx synwax and i was wondering what u all use. This is so far the best ive use. I was driving home one night on the interstate and some douche pulled to the side without warning and a brick flew from his truck and hit my hood. I was so mad I felt like turning back and shooting up his truck but yeh. I went home and to my surprise no scratches or nothing! I think it was bc that day I waxed my car with fx. Anyway to the point I was wondering if there is an even better and longerlasting wax with an even better shine or what u guys use and recommend.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: best car wax (exterior)

i think you got lucky with the brick...wax cant protect that...nothing can.

i have been happy with meguirs on my m3.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Do a search in this forum uner wet paint glaze . com and see what you drum up...Desert Honda and I both use this product ourselves..

WheelBrokerAng [sm=bling.gif] Looks Good, Yes!

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/ABDE97E65DC14611B9AD9495A5F4810B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-10-2007, 09:44 PM

idk man but i do despise any big vehicles or anything that tows. They always got crap flying fron their cargo. As for that brick im not so sure. I hit the brick going 70 and i could feel it from my feet when it hit.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:16 PM

Iuse Zano Bros.. its good stuff kinda pricy... WORTH it though !!!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:28 AM

I use IBIZ. By far the easiest application of any I've tried ..... they say that it lasts up to 6 months also, but I reapply about every other month. No car washes and detailer spray will prolong the wax. As for the brick, take a look at your hood in the sun! I find it very hard to believe that a brick didn't leave a mark.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:24 PM

I did that. I shined a light on it. I checked it he next morning to be sure and to my surprise..nothing. I checked around the wholeseea as well

Old 09-11-2007, 10:10 PM

I use Meguiars quik wax, so I can dry and pre-wax at the same time, then I usually put 3 to 4 coats of Meguiars gold class wax,shines like gold too. And for that crappy molding on the sides that always seems to be brown, i use Meguiars hot shine. takes me usually 2 hours to do the whole thing, but well worth the time and sweat! I will always buy Meguiars products, because of the time I meet Mr. Meguiar. Just the kindest and most intentive person, he deosn't care who you are or what you drive, as long as you love cars in any way, he would be your best friend. My car was practicly stock, but he still noticed the small things that i had worked on. Over all just a great man in my opinion!

Old 09-11-2007, 11:48 PM

Daaaaam 3 coats eh? U dont play. Well I thought about getting the gold liquid wax but I wasn't sure about it. Does it protect the car that well or is it more based on shines?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:30 AM

Gold Medallion is a great product. I use it sometimes as well. Per coat it does have a nicer shine than the IBIZ, but in the time that it takes you to do 1 coat I can have 2 done with IBIZ. More than 2 coats is a waste of time and money IMO. If you need more than 2 coats will give you then you need a pre-wax product, pre-wax anti-oxidizer (Step 1) or paint sealer (Step 2). After the wax, use detailer spray! I use Meguires Ultimate Quik Detailer for the Rain-Ex like finish, but Mother's leaves a beautiful shine (better than the Meguires) and Turtle Wax Ultimate Detailer (easiest application plus good shine) are also great products that I use. I plan to try Wet Paint Glaze and the Zaino Bros. products in the near future.

Quick Reply: best car wax (exterior)