Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Best cleaner for the Dash?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Default Best cleaner for the Dash?

Hello all! I just recently bought a 2012 Honda Accord EX, and love her to death already. But I know she's going to need a good cleaning soon, and would love to know what the best thing to use is from the first cleaning on through. What have you all used before? I've always thought that ArmorAll was supposed to be the best, but after doing some research, I've got the feeling that ArmorAll isn't all that good to use (also seems to pick up the most dust from my experience). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Armor all is nice but it reflects very dangerously onto the windshield.
I would recommend a matte or low luster cleaner. They give it a nice low profile shine without reflecting everything.

What did you find negative about armor all?

Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM

I've been watching a lot of automotive shows lately and "Mother's" seems to be a good alternative. Mothers® Polishes·Waxes·Cleaners

Old 03-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Supper Moderator

Armor is the worst thing you can use on a dash. Can we say cracks?

Old 03-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

my buddy owns a detail shop and uses Sprayaway Citrus cleaner for everything in the car. top to bottom and he has some nice cars that come into the shop. as for if you want a gloss look you can use the sprayaway first to clean then any interior spray, i would use meguiars brand if you cant get a hold of Ardex products. thats in my opion is the best consumer brand product.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:45 PM

For cleaning the dash I use a damp cottom cloth.
For protecting it I have found Aerospace 303 to be great.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:30 AM

Avoid ArmorAll interior cleaner like the plague. Gives the dash a shine that is unnatural (for lack of a better word) and definitely causes glare. A damp cloth is fine for cleaning.

For cleaning, look at Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer, which cleans and protects without the horrendous ArmorAll shine. Nothing against the other products mentioned here (they might be terrific), but this one is the only one I have experience using.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:18 AM

The only time I would ever use armor all on my car is when plastic/rubber moldings are starting to discolor on the outside of the car. Using the plastic restore stuff doesn't work as well as armor all cleaner...it's weird.

I make my own cleaner for routine cleaning of the dash. Vinegar and water work wonders when it is used for light cleaning. You can add essential oil to make it smell good too...(mother had a lot laying around so I tried it) It even works on the windows provided you have a squeegee.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Administrator
Exclamation Hello New Member..

Originally Posted by Tracyd
ive personally used the 303 after my friend introduced it to me 2 years ago. never looked back again. simply one of the best products out there!! i use it to wipe my interior (dash, door, rear speakers sections etc), works wonders!

it says its a "protector" i use it to wipe down all the dust on my dash either way

btw, it is available at nextmod if anyone is interested!
i believe this as good product if you guys have best options please refer me.
It is wise to read the Forum posting rules before posting..But welcome on your 1st post here.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Griots Garage or Auto Geek sell great products on line...Better than most if not all Wally Mart products...

Quick Reply: Best cleaner for the Dash?