Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

does anyone else here have breathing problems/headaches after using wet paint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Default does anyone else here have breathing problems/headaches after using wet paint?

ive applied wet paint 3 times already
the first time i had no problems, but the 2nd time, i felt very dizzy and light headed and it was right after using wet paint, i guess it was because i inhaled it too much and stuff,
and today, my 3rd time using it, i tried to be more carefuly by not breathing in while spraying it, but i feel short of breath right now after using it

is there some kind of chemical in there that's bad for you?

Old 06-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Default RE: does anyone else here have breathing problems/headaches after using wet paint?

It's never affected me. Odd that nothing happened the first time you used it.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: does anyone else here have breathing problems/headaches after using wet paint?

There's all kinds of noxious and poisonous chemicals in paint. Thats why it says use a mask and proper ventilation when using it. Those directions are also listed on the can...

Old 06-03-2007, 11:37 AM

its not really paint, its more of a wax

Old 06-03-2007, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

There's all kinds of noxious and poisonous chemicals in paint. Thats why it says use a mask and proper ventilation when using it. Those directions are also listed on the can...

Read thesection on Wet Paint in the detailing forum. It's not paint it's a car cleaning/shining product.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

Read thesection on Wet Paint in the detailing forum. It's not paint it's a car cleaning/shining product.
Keep your post on topic.

I don't care what it is, when I see "wet paint" I assume..paint. Regardless, if he's having breathing issues he should follow either my directions or the directions on the product for proper ventilation and safety.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:20 PM

Keep it on topic? You didn't even have a clue as to what the topic is!!! I was trying to assist you in understanding what he was talking about, pardon me.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

Keep it on topic? You didn't even have a clue as to what the topic is!!! I was trying to assist you in understanding what he was talking about, pardon me.
He asked about breathing problems, which I addressed, all you did was inform of what wet paint was. Like I said, had he typed it as "Wet Paint" then I would've asked what it is, but he typed it as "wet paint" so I'd assume most people would think...paint.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:22 PM

You overstate the obvious. I realized that because ofthe way it was written that itwas misinterpreted. I did not intend to come across as a wise BUTT, just trying to explain what the poster was talking about since I realized what it was and you did not.

What a mood you're in tonight! I hope you fell better tomorrow for the sake of those around you. Good night.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:21 PM

I'm in a fine mood.

Quick Reply: does anyone else here have breathing problems/headaches after using wet paint?