Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

exhaust tip suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default exhaust tip suggestion

hey guys,
i have a 03 accord 4 cyl sedan.
as you all know, the exhaust is pretty much hidden. it doesnt look great at all
and at the moment, i cannot afford a full exhaust system... not even a cat back

im on a budget and i really want my car to look attractive without the universal fart cans...... but how does universal exhaust tips sound???

i saw few at Canadian tire (i live in vancouver bc, canada) or wal-mart and they have polished exhaust bolt on tips.

but im just wondering, if i get a dual tip.. how would it fit with the bumper? would i need to cut my bumper for the fitment of the new exhaust tip?

i was thinking about something like this

Attached Thumbnails exhaust tip suggestion-nddt003.jpg  
Old 07-01-2010, 03:48 AM
Supper Moderator

IMO keep it OE till you have the money for the full exhaust and find a muffler that make the sound you want.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
IMO keep it OE till you have the money for the full exhaust and find a muffler that make the sound you want.
I have to agree with g22 here... Just save up your money...Although, if you want to put a tip on there for now... Go ahead and buy one and keep you recipt... Go outsite and stick it on the end of the exhaust and see if it fits right, if not, take it back inside a switch it out for one that does...
Just my .02

Old 07-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i am saving up once i get a job for hopefully a cat back or somethin, havent decided yet

but i will listen to corvetteking for now n get me a cheap exhaust tip for looks temporarily
however its not going to be a one stop trip for me =P i have my license suspended until october..... thus i cant drive anywhere. ill have to measure the diameter of the stock tip, go there and see if theres the right diameter fit first

i feel so trapped without driving my accord
its been a month already since my suspension and i cant handle it anymore, aha! so im spending more time with it in the garage doing budget mods

anyways thanks a lot guys !

Old 07-02-2010, 10:51 PM

I know the feeling of a suspended license... But i still drove... Lol... Im kinda glad i never got caught, but it allowed me to do my turbo kit on my olds... Use the time wisely...

Old 07-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

hahahah my parents are strict on my *** n it was my fault for being dumb and getting caught.

i would love to get a turbo kit. but LOL im broke as a mother****er so all i can afford at the moment are bottles of spray paint and sand paper :P ultra budget detailing is what i call it

Old 07-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Supper Moderator

lol Iv been drivin for little over a year with no D.L but I get it back in 2 months!! YAY

tips are a wast of money...IMO

Old 07-03-2010, 10:00 PM

So should I ask what licenses are suspended for??? Mine was threatened to be taken away so many times growing up... But thats what my parents get, for letting me buy my 86 vette at 16, and a crotch rocket at 17(both of which i paid for with my money btw) I got more tickets than i can even remember, except for on the bike... Thats only because they could never catch me I was just lucky...

Old 07-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Supper Moderator

sweet and simple...160-170ish on my OLD worked cbr1000 (worked to a 1323cc) on Panama City Beach and me and my boy hit a road block with no time to turn around....
you figure out the rest

Old 07-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies

hahahah oh wow =P
well this is my tragic story lol

in bc, canada you can get a knowledge test when you turn 16 and its called "Learners" so you must have someone with their full license sitting with you and limited passenger of 1.. and yeah after a year you get your road test and you get your N. prob the same all around north america.

i was 1 month away from going on my roadtest, my parents bought my accord as a birthday present. in my family my dads the strict one and my moms chill ( probably same with ever chinese family ). a week after i got my car insured and everything, my dad had to go to a business trip back to china for 3 weeks. so my mom let me take out the accord once in a while on weekends and let me drive to school.

long story short, i got pulled over for speeding with a loaded car full of teenagers and boy were the cops pissed

here comes the sad bit. that day i just got ticketed and my mom drove the car home cause luckily i got pulled over near my house LOL! it was embarrassing.. but yeah anyways. after a month, i didnt receive any letters of license suspension. I passed my road test the first time and i was happy, drove for more than a month legally without breaking any law but then a letter came and yea. gone. cannot drive anything till october

Quick Reply: exhaust tip suggestion