Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

I've finally found a way to easily remove bugs/dirt/tar off my bumper!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:20 AM
tbfoxrdms
Unregistered
Default RE: I've finally found a way to easily remove bugs/dirt/tar off my bumper!!

If we just soak the bugs with soap and water BEFORE they hit the car, they'll probably come off the easiest!

<just have to figure out how to get them to take a bath first>

Cheers!
Traci

Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Default RE: I've finally found a way to easily remove bugs/dirt/tar off my bumper!!

I use this on both of our cars: http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/index.html When I'm going to take a road trip I apply it again to the front of the car and the windshield. The vast majority (99%) of the bugs either rinse off or wipe off with a microfiber towel, even the realy gooey ones. It's good stuff and I'm a detail freak, try it! Check my car in the photo gallery if you don't believe me.

Old 05-16-2006, 07:12 PM

I had a painter come by a paint one of the rooms and he clean his paint brush in the bath tub and left a red paint stain. I used the magic eraser and it took it all up. I'll been hook'd ever since.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: marbro

if you really want to get those stubborn bug splats..... brake fluid..... takes everything off for you ^_^ or a chemical peal.... its only paint after all ^_-
Fantastic idea

Old 02-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Accordgal
Unregistered

I think the Mr. Clean Eraser is a good idea but, I was wondering it doesn't affect the clear-coat on the car does it? If it doesn't, thanks for the good idea. I use them in my house and I am in love with the product!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 12:04 AM

I used the Eraser one time on the paint. The bugs on the front end came off easilywith a bit of liquid to break the friction. When I looked at that areaunder halogen lights it was scratched like a big dog. I had to powerbuff the mess with polish twice. Never again on paint for me. It works but you pay the price.Can you imagine Wheelbroker's show car all scratched up and trying to compete?
It has many other great uses but paint is not one I'll do again unless I'm prepared to buff it out.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:09 PM

the best way ive found to remove the bugs from the bumpers is to use a soft Fabric softner sheet/dryer sheet.

I've used this on all my toys over the years, and has always done a better job than anything you can find on the market. It will not hurt your paint job either, as I've used these on 80k+ car in the past and present.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 PM

That's a new one on me, I'll give it a try.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Hillsyde707Kloun
Unregistered

so Black, u just dampen a "Bounce" sheet or sumthin and it gets the stains off?

Old 03-26-2007, 02:17 AM

i dont dampen it at all, just take the soft micromeshed sheet and it will take the bugs right off...tar is another animal however.

It really works amazing!

When i was first told to do this i was like, nooo way. Real worried about scratching etc, one day i manned up, tried it out, and am now a true believer in it.

Give it a try, if you are worried like i was, try it on a small section underneath first to ease your stress level.

Quick Reply: I've finally found a way to easily remove bugs/dirt/tar off my bumper!!