Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Paint Job Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
mestnf
Unregistered
Default Paint Job Help

Hey i have a question about a paint issue. To make a long story short, I got in a small accident.
When I was backing up, I bumped into a small wooden post that I didnt see. The paint didn't actually scratch, but more so shattered. I guess I have one of those clear coat paint jobs, and on the one corner of my bumper, the paint cracked and spider webbed.
My question is: is there some sort of paint repair or sealent out there that I could just go over the cracks in the bumper with so the paint doesn't chip off? Or do I need to get the whole bumper resprayed?
If you guys need to see how bad the paint cracked, I can post pictures of it, just let me know.
I have an '03 silver accord lx 2-door coupe, if that helps at all. Thanks!

Old 11-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Default RE: Paint Job Help

Sorry for the mishap. Pictures would help a great deal.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:50 PM
mestnf
Unregistered

Ok, I took some pics the best I could. Sorry for the delay, it's been raining by my house. Because of that, some of the paint has already chipped off, which I'm not happy about, but I'm hoping to be able to fix that myself without getting the whole bumper resprayed.

The images were too large to upload on here, so I uploaded them on another site. Here are thelinks to them. You can just click on the first one and hit the next button when the page loads, or click each one. I believe you can also zoom in the pics on the website. Thanks for all your suggestions!

http://mestnf.pictiger.com/images/13067364/
http://mestnf.pictiger.com/images/13067377/
http://mestnf.pictiger.com/images/13067390/

Old 11-19-2007, 10:24 AM
mestnf
Unregistered

...So does anyone have any suggestions about it? Is there are paint repair or finish out there that I could just go over the cracks with, so they don't spread or chip more paint off, or is getting the bumper resprayed my only option?

I figured out how to upload the pictures on this site, if you don't want to click on the links above. Here is the link to the photo album I made of it.
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/alb...amp;sortType=6

It's starting to get colder out and the cracks that are on there now are starting to spread. I just don't want it to get any worse ifit doesn't have to. Any suggestions on what I could dowould be appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:52 AM

ya know it doesnt look like it was dented to badly, my suggestion is to take off the bumper, and just get it resprayed, youll hardly notice the dent, just just knock off the bumpers and slap on a body kit

Disreguard everything i said if that is a huge crack at the bottom left hand corner of the picture....If that is a crack replace it lol, dont let that stay like how it is :P

Old 12-16-2007, 06:53 AM

Either live with it or have it professionally repaired, there's no inbetween.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i dont see why he couldnt sand it off and repaint it himself...
that is if your willing to live with the dent.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:25 PM

If you have no experience painting I would either live with it or get a pro to repaint it

Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 PM

have it sanded and resprayed.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:17 PM

well it's already jacked to hell.. what's the problem with attempting the job yourself?

sand it down, buy some spray cans and have at it... you won't get a good match though, that's the hard part of it all.

Quick Reply: Paint Job Help