Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Racing Seats??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Unregistered
Default Racing Seats??

Ok, My old stock seats in my '94 accord are cracking and fading. I think it's time to either reupholster or get new seats for the front. I have tan leather and I was wondering if the Bucket Racing Seats that are sold are comfortable for up to a 4 hour drive. About what is an average price to get my car reupholstered with synthetic suede or fake leather?

Old 03-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Racing Seats??

[sm=WTFsgign.gif] upholstery = racing seats????

Old 03-03-2008, 05:07 PM

If they're anything like real recaro seats, they are not comfortable until you get used to them. I helped my friend put a set in his accord one day and we went on a 2hr drive to a car show, not the most pleasant experience my legs have felt.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 PM

Ask a shop that does upholstery.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: falkore24

[sm=WTFsgign.gif] upholstery = racing seats????
Ok.. The options are:

1. Get racing seats
or
2. Reupholster my old seats

I was wanting to know if it would be better to just reupholster the front or just get racing seats.

I'm goin for what would be cheaper and, if the racing seats are even comfortable to begin with.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:48 AM

It depends on what you consider to be comfortable. Racing seats do not have an adjustable back support, so if you don't like how it's shaped, you are stuck. I have a friend that bought a car with seats and harnesses, but it turns out that the guy that owned it previously installed a seat on the passanger side that was custom sized for his girlfriend. I'm apparently a bit larger than her, so when I sit in the seat, the sides hold me by my ribs and my spine doesn't touch the back of the seat. I'm thinking about putting 4 point harnesses in my Scion because i like how they hold you on a tight corner, but I plan to stick with OEM seats ..... also, if you plan to get into the back of the car, a racing seat will require a bracket with a release and even then it will be a squeeze since the seat is solid.

In the end, it depends on what you are looking for, but if that is a racing seat, I think it makes the most sense to just replace the driver's seat and try to find something that looks ok with the passanger seat as stock. If you don't care about the back seat, this doesn't matter.