Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Replacement dash parts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Replacement dash parts?

I recently installed a nice set of fogs. I decided to use an LED rocker switch with them. I drilled out one of the filler "plugs" that snap into the extra slots over by the steering wheel where the sun roof controls are and installed the switch in there. It looks pretty good, however I got a little rough initially removing and snapped off one the the tabs that hold it in firm. It stays in place but is very loose and you can just pull it out with your fingers.

Is there anywhere that I can order a replacement for this? It would be nice to have the switch snap in there nice and tight. It would also be nice to maybe have a spare on hand if I ever decide to sell the car. Could a dealership look this part up and order me one (or two)?

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

hondapartscheap.com or bkhondaparts.com will have an OEM fog light switch to buy. Tasauto.com may carry it too.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb Hi Member

Originally Posted by AccordinPA
I recently installed a nice set of fogs. I decided to use an LED rocker switch with them. I drilled out one of the filler "plugs" that snap into the extra slots over by the steering wheel where the sun roof controls are and installed the switch in there. It looks pretty good, however I got a little rough initially removing and snapped off one the the tabs that hold it in firm. It stays in place but is very loose and you can just pull it out with your fingers.

Is there anywhere that I can order a replacement for this? It would be nice to have the switch snap in there nice and tight. It would also be nice to maybe have a spare on hand if I ever decide to sell the car. Could a dealership look this part up and order me one (or two)?

Thanks for the help.
Please, if you want good sound help..you need to put in the Year,Make,Model,doors,engine & trans type . Then we know what were really looking for..put it in your signature area like the other members have there's.
Thank You

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Replacement dash parts?-please-eat-ham.jpg  
Old 11-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Apologies:

2004 accord ex 4D
2.4l 4 cyl. AT 5A

I'm not looking for the switch. I am looking for the "plugs" (I don't know what else to call them). They go in the slots like where the sunroof switch is by the steering wheel. They fill in the unused slots.

I drilled out one of them for my rocker switch, but broke a tab off. I would like to get two of them. One to put the switch in to replace the one with the broken tab, and another as a spare in case I want to sell the car and take the lights out.

I was going to try a dealership to see if they can order them. I wondered if there was anywhere else I could get them.

Apologies for my lack of descriptive skills.

Last edited by AccordinPA; 11-25-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

I am assuming you found a solution, but for others that are interested, I recommend HondaPartsDeals.com.
http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts.php

They provide exploded views of all parts and accessories, all body panels, interior panels, etc.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

That is precisely what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Old 12-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Wow, the parts I wanted cost me $3, the shipping $14. O'well, such is life.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Man, that 'splodygram is the stuff! I'm going over there now.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by johnmcclen
Man, that 'splodygram is the stuff! I'm going over there now.
almost every part of a honda is available, floor pans, body metal, cup holders, clips, screws, etc. the exploded diagrams really helped me identify what the part is. of course, you can search by the Honda part number, but who knows that?

the tough part is navigating the list of categories. sometimes it takes me a while to find the exact diagram i need, but totally worth it.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:27 AM

majestic honda
hondapartsnow

hondapartsnow is the cheapest i found.

Quick Reply: Replacement dash parts?