Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Spots...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Default Spots...

After washing the car, i let it dry in the sun. I am guessing this is NO good. Now i have spots all over the car. The spots were white, before i wiped them off with water/armor-all wax. But i can still see the spots on the car.

Can anyone help! Wat are these spots and how can i get them off? Make them go away and prevent it from happening again.

I think the water was waxy from last time i washed, so wen it dried the white wax dried ontop of the car!

Old 07-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Default RE: Spots...

Water contains some slight impurities like dust etc. When the water evaporates/dries it leaves the dust/debrie behind and that's what appears as the spot, to get rid of it the easiest thing to do is wash the car then dry it with towels or use a good waterless car wax that is designed for removing them....a standard car wax won't help at all...

Old 07-09-2007, 04:03 PM

Lesson learned I hope. To remove them you will need a detailers clay kit and a chemical based polish such as Poorboy's Pro Polish or Klasse AIO. Both are easily applied/removed by hand. Clay can be found at many auto parts stores the other two must be ordered online. Autogeek has both. Wax or sealant should be applied after using any of the above. Microfiber towels are a must for removing the polishes.......and all else for that matter.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:58 PM

The wax i have now does not say if it is waterless or not. I watered a spounge and tried to rub it off and it did not help (you can still see the outline of the spots). You think a towel would be better?

Yes i learned my lesson, and it hurts...

Is there a differnt kind of polish?

Is there a differnt remedy. May go with the waterless car wax, seems easier.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:13 AM

I do it for a living and based my answer on experience. There may be other ways to do it that I am not aware of. You can look for easy ways or get it done right the first time, whatever suits you. The more you continue to scrub on your paint the more marks you leave.

I don't know if this will work or not but you could always try one of the many cleaner waxes available over the counter.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 PM

I just try not to order online.I have to use rents card, and wait. Rather go to the store, pay with my money, and get it right away. if you know wat i mean...
Im trying to depend less on them and their cash lol.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:03 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Ive had that happen a few times as our water is horrible. All I did was wash it, dry it off right after, and repeated the process. Then they were gone. But yeah, never let your car air dry after washing it at home.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:20 AM

I gotcha. Look for this at any auto store, Wal-Mart, or Pep Boys. The liquid would be better but either one will work. Nu Finish will also do the job and is available almost anywhere. I strongly suggest you use a foam applicator and microfiber towels (Wal-Mart/Sams/Target) for removal. Microfiber towels must be washed prior to use and ALWAYS washed & dried by themselves. NEVER use fabric softener in the dryer and wash soap should be just that......no softeners, bleaches, or any of that crap. If that stretches the budget then go with soft terrycloth towels for removal. Let us know how it turns out =============>

[IMG]local://upfiles/127/2EDBF8D291674F0EBEFB7929A475FBE0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 AM

Thankz. That is of great help. I will try to look for the products as soon s possible. I will let you know which i get and how it turns out. Thankz.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:00 PM

Terrycloths, i just wipe car with. Correct?
The foam applicator and microfiber towels goes with..the Nu Finish. Correct?

Quick Reply: Spots...