Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Tiny rust spots

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:19 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Tiny rust spots

On the very front lip of my hood there are a few rock chips and it is JUST starting to form rust. It is a very light orange with a very light film of it.

My plan is to just scrape it with a pointed blade and covering it in clear coat touch up paint. The chips are pretty small so I dont want to end up scraping off the good paint!

Does this sound like a worthy plan?

Old 03-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

dude screw it sell your car.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:41 PM

CorrsionX or corrsion block will slow down the rust until you make up your mind. Trust me it is some serious stuff I live on the water with saltwater exposure, and grew up dealing with corrosion my whole life.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:10 PM

do the paint,

Old 03-01-2009, 10:18 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I'll never sell my car.

I will look for the corrosion stuff! In the meantime I am going to have to do the clear coat asap. I knew I should have put some on a month ago. dangit.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:03 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Anyone know where the cheapest touch up paint is? I bought a new bottle of clear coat but figured I may put some factory color back in if its not to much.

My car is Bordeaux red but I haven't looked @ the paint color code.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:33 PM
biggie shorty
Unregistered

I'd also like to know where to get touch-up paint. My car is silver, and today I noticed a tiny little chip with a bit of rust on the front tip of the hood. I also have some side scrapes. (I got my car used. She is a little beat up but she's still pretty!) While we're on the subject, how can I fix a crack in the fiberglass at the bottom of my front bumper?

Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by biggie shorty
I'd also like to know where to get touch-up paint. My car is silver, and today I noticed a tiny little chip with a bit of rust on the front tip of the hood. I also have some side scrapes. (I got my car used. She is a little beat up but she's still pretty!) While we're on the subject, how can I fix a crack in the fiberglass at the bottom of my front bumper?
you can get touch up paint from the stealership, and duct tape fixes the bumper.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:36 PM
biggie shorty
Unregistered

Awesome, thanks. And yeah, I am never going back to the dealership ever. I am going to a different one that doesn't accuse me of lying and refuse to fix repairs they said they'd make just because I got the car for $3500 less than what they wanted.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:58 PM

try to use POR-15 over the rust, the some paint, then don't forget to clear coat it. using touchup is the easiest fix you could ever have.

Last edited by mechanic; 06-23-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Tiny rust spots