Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Turtle Wax ICE Clay Bar results

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default Turtle Wax ICE Clay Bar results

It gets better with time...I swear. These pictures I took today are 2 weeks after I applied turtle wax ICE clay bar. at first, it was iffy but we had a pretty big rainstorm a hours ago (beading FTW) and after i wiped it clean, it looked something like this. Excuse the poor quality on the cell phone ><'

Steps:
1) Wash with RAINX Wash-n-Wax Concentrate (or any car wash liquid)
2) Dry with microfiber cloth (10 for $5 at Walmart)
3) Apply Turtle Wax ICE Clay Bar (NO circles, strictly linear motion) and to areas of the car. Don't try to do it all at once. I split the car into 5 major sections. The Hood, Left side, Trunk, Right Side, Roof.
4) Wipe clean and I mean VERY clean. go over each section at least two/three times
5) Rinse all Turtle Wax
6) Dry with microfiber cloth
7) Repeat 3-6
8) Wax (but I skipped this step...I was lazy....I'll do this next time)

So for no wax...I'm pretty impressed with the shine the clay bar left.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Default RE: Turtle Wax ICE Clay Bar results

I've read that claybar over time (or if applied really hard while using) can potentially damage your clear coat?

I think the wax would really help in the long run, or some kind of filler/sealant?

I just claybar'd about a month ago, and it was so easy to clean this month, and then I applied WetPaint which was awesome...

From what I can tell from your pics though, it looks clean as all get out... Nice..

Old 07-04-2008, 02:37 PM

I use mqguires clay bar once a year and follow it by 4 or 5 layers of wax

Old 07-04-2008, 03:04 PM

Hmmm, so the next time I wash my car...no clay bar and plenty of wax. Gotcha. Might wash my car sometime next week since I didn't wax it last time.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:17 PM

The only way a clay bar can hurt the paint is if you drop it on the ground and continue to use it. Maybe I'm seeing those pictures different from others but it looks like the clear coat is gone in some areas. What is it that I'm seeing there?

Old 07-04-2008, 06:50 PM

the splotches? thats just my cell phone camera having issues. if not, then crap?

turtle wax ICE clay bar is not a chuck of clay...rather is liquid. so no chance of dropping it once applied to a sponge.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:33 PM

TW ice clay doesn't remotely do what a propper clay bar does .. It doesn't "pull" the contaminats from the paint.

Its called marketing and letting you think there is an easy way to do a job.. when in fact it doesn't do a complete job.

Not one review I have seen from knowledgable detaliers gave it anything but poor reviews.

Its better than nothing .. but not by much.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:39 AM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

The only way a clay bar can hurt the paint is if you drop it on the ground and continue to use it. Maybe I'm seeing those pictures different from others but it looks like the clear coat is gone in some areas. What is it that I'm seeing there?
thats just the camera. See how it goes over the wheel and wheel well in the first pic?

Old 07-05-2008, 07:22 AM

I do now, thanks. Sure made me wonder why a pic with clear coming off would be posted.
I agree 100% with Jesstzn......marketing at its best. Use a proper clay bar and you will simply be amazed at the outcome.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:29 AM

Mmmm, looks like I'll be making a run at my local Advanced Auto Parts in the near future.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax ICE Clay Bar results