Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Wet Paint

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Also a good product your useing there..like I always say..everyone has their favorite product and mine is still "Wet Paint"

Old 03-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Why dont you guys post more pictures of how your cars look after?

Im really interested in this WetPaint but is it a wax? I recently detailed my brothers 03 S2000 and did about 3 layers of wax. Do I strip the wax and apply WP or apply the WP on top of the wax?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Administrator
Talking

Wet paint goes on just like it is..no need to even wash the car...unless you have caked on mud..seriously I mean that..

Click the image for the shine..yeah!

Attached Thumbnails  Wet Paint-3000gt_sm.jpg  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by tradosaurus
About 5 years ago I ordered a box of wet paint after trying it out. I still have 3/4 of a box of it left.

Personally if you want to polish and wax your car correctly I would get a Porter Cable 7424xp and a good quality polish and wax.

Use a 5 step paint care procedure
1. Washing (I use a foam gun)
2. Cleaning or Surface Prep (clay bar)
3. Polishing (this is where you take out any scratches in your clearcoat with the PC7424xp) I use Meguiars Ultimate Compound
4. Protecting (waxing with the PC7424 xp) I use Mothers Carnauba
5. Maintaining (quick detailers, spray waxes)
Exactly! Couldn't agree more.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I can't believe I actually sat down and read through all 17 pages of this WP (Wet Paint) thing that cleans/protects/shines your car. What conclusion did I come to? Well, I'm amazed of the before and after photos!!! I just recently got the 2013 black accord coupe and I'm dying to try this WP product out. I will most likely 99.999999% order it and just wondering how much it would cost to ship it to Canada (Toronto, Ontario) to be exact. And also, on their official website, it says use terry cloth towels to use with this product, where is the best place to buy them or where do you guys get yours from?

Old 12-20-2012, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by mraudi
I can't believe I actually sat down and read through all 17 pages of this WP (Wet Paint) thing that cleans/protects/shines your car. What conclusion did I come to? Well, I'm amazed of the before and after photos!!! I just recently got the 2013 black accord coupe and I'm dying to try this WP product out. I will most likely 99.999999% order it and just wondering how much it would cost to ship it to Canada (Toronto, Ontario) to be exact. And also, on their official website, it says use terry cloth towels to use with this product, where is the best place to buy them or where do you guys get yours from?
I have seen Terry Cloth in the auto department at Wal-Mart and Target.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Newest Of Newbies

^ Thanks! Will check out my local Wal-Mart store and get myself some terrycloths

Old 12-26-2012, 06:53 PM

I just saw a 10 pack today at Harbor Freight for $5.

http://www.harborfreight.com/14-inch...ch-terry-cloth

Old 02-06-2013, 01:25 AM

I liked wet paint but I finally switched over to opti-guard. It was well worth the investment.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Default Meh, used paper towel on new accord

I got some bird poop on my new 2013 accord (black), and I used slightly wet paper towel to get off this yellow bird squeezins off the hood.

To my astonishment everywhere I used the paper towel there are light white scratches. It isn't like my nail can catch them. In fact, I slightly scratched my fingernail on a corner of the hood and wow, it left the same kind of scratch mark.

It just came from the dealer, so is this just scratches in the wax? The clearcoat? I didn't think paint jobs these days were so delicate (yeah yeah I know black shows everything :-P ).

So I don't want to do anything else on my own to muck it up. I'm just leaving it alone until I know exactly how to keep my new ride clean and looking nice.

Is there some product out there that everyone swears by for accords? What can I do that is 100% safe to try to remove the scratches? And what kind of wax do people use nowadays? Is it still the traditional stuff that leaves a white film and then you buff out? I am not just gonna go pull something off the shelf at Target and try experimenting.

Thanks for any info, or threads.

Quick Reply: Wet Paint