Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Wet Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Default RE: Wet Paint

ok so i am very interested in purchasing this product, i will call tomorrow to place my order, just a few questions though, right now i wash my ride once a week and use turtle wax ice once a month, once i use WP will i need to wash it every week? i also have 18" kruz K30's which are chrome on it, it usually takes about 10-15 min. a wheel to completly clean, will WP cut this time? also right after i clean the wheels i drive a few miles and then they have dust all over them, will WP help this any? I live in Tucson Arizona and lately it has been quite windy, i was my car and an hour later its dusty from all the dirt blowing aroud will WP repel the dust or make it easier to get rid of? I have been reading posts all weekend about small scratch removal and swirls and all your input has halp me out a ton! thanks for all your input! have a great day!

Old 04-15-2007, 07:51 PM

i watched the tutorial video on their website and they said its a good idea to not use it in windy conditions, and you also dont need to wash your car before you apply it, but i wash my car anyways because i want a deep clean and i dont want me towels to get all black

and it should cut the time for cleaning your wheels
i cleaned my rims for about 5 minutes each wheel
but that also depends on how well you do it
i didnt clean them that great...

Old 04-15-2007, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: qpon808

ok so i am very interested in purchasing this product, i will call tomorrow to place my order, just a few questions though, right now i wash my ride once a week and use turtle wax ice once a month, once i use WP will i need to wash it every week? i also have 18" kruz K30's which are chrome on it, it usually takes about 10-15 min. a wheel to completly clean, will WP cut this time? also right after i clean the wheels i drive a few miles and then they have dust all over them, will WP help this any? I live in Tucson Arizona and lately it has been quite windy, i was my car and an hour later its dusty from all the dirt blowing aroud will WP repel the dust or make it easier to get rid of? I have been reading posts all weekend about small scratch removal and swirls and all your input has halp me out a ton! thanks for all your input! have a great day!
Will you have to wash it every week? HMMM.......I guess you mean because of the blowing dust? Once two coats of WP have been done it will be easier to keep clean but there are too many variables to give that a yes or no answer. You might be able to get by with agood rinse and wipe down with a microfiber towel.

When you call to order be sure to tell them you found out about it on this forum.

I'd say that the time to clean each wheel will be cut down but it's not anti static......dust is dust, it will accumulate eventually but be easier to remove. WP will blow you away with chrome.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:23 AM

why tell them that you found out on this forum?

Old 04-16-2007, 10:45 AM

Generally they ask how you heard about the product, it just saves a little time that's all. No hidden underlying reasons if that's what you're thinking.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Gahh...I wish the ordering process would be easier. I'm too lazy to call...lol

Old 04-19-2007, 12:46 AM
Administrator

I haven't waxed mine since last fall and I use wet paint also..
I will be doing it again if it ever quits snowing here

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-19-2007, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

I haven't waxed mine since last fall and I use wet paint also..
I will be doing it again if it ever quits snowing here

WheelBrokerAng
No excuses, now get out there and freeze your buns off!!

Old 05-03-2007, 05:38 PM

will this stand up against pollen im tired of washing my car and then walking outside the next day and it being yellow. i think i order it anyway

Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Not likely, that calls for Kryptonite[sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif]or Dynamite.

I've only come across one product that willhelp......Finish Kare #425, a spray on quick detailer that imparts anti-static properties to the paint along with an outstanding shine and slick feel. It helps with dust, no two ways about it, but pollen? It will help some but when you're dealing with tonsof pollen in the air I don't know how much good it would do.

Scroll down to #425 Site Not Working Any More..sorry!
Note: If you decide to try it order a 4oz. mist bottle on the same site. The sprayer on the quart bottle sucks. You can do an entire full sized car with less than 1/2 ounce. Microfiber towels required as with most everything - except Wet Paint......terrycloth works best in that case.

Quick Reply: Wet Paint