Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Wet Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Default RE: Wet Paint

HOLY Smokes batman!.. wow.. I just did my second coat of WP today.. took me about a hour yesterday and probably 30 minutes today with the second coat.. I have to say, after I did it I parked it outfront and my neighbor came over who has a vette and asked me who detailed my car. I told him of WetPaint which he hadn't heard of and let him borrow my bottle he is going to do it up tomorrow. I have to say after sitting in my driveway all day and getting a ton of pollen on it, all it took was a good drive at 60mph and got back home.. wallah, no pollen and it really looks like wetpaint.. Which I have had similar results with meguirs, however, with meguirs it never lasted too long and was no where near this slick.. I have always sworn by meguirs products.. this may have me switching completely

Old 04-19-2008, 08:50 AM
cmb1
Unregistered

Hey everybody! Been reading about the WP and was wondering, has anyone compared it to the Duragloss stuff? Reason I ask is in my 54 years on this planet I've not found anything to make me change......yet. Really been pleased with the pre-polish, polish and Aquawax treatment on my Tundra and Mommy's Pilot.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:22 PM

Two different animals entirely. Wet Paint is an "all in one" product in that it cleans, shines, and seals in one shot. It is ideal for the person that wants their car to look great with minimal fuss. The look it gives is outstanding and does make people stop and take notice as Daver mentioned.

Duragloss has a number of products for different purposes and they work very well. My only gripe is the way they label things. For instance #501 is labeled as a polish for RV's & boats. It is actually a chemical cleaner, the strongest onethey make. #105 is labeled a polish (they love this word!) but it is a lesser chemical cleaner that is also a sealant. Aquawax contains no wax, it is a spray sealant. See what I mean? Once you learn what a particular product actually is and how to use it they are hard to beat for the money. If you are content with Duragloss (and should be)then I see no reason to change.

I have and use both brands depending on what the job is at hand as well as what the customer wants and their budget.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

got my wetpaint the other day, gonna put it on tomorrow. is there that much of a diff with a 2 coat?

Old 07-02-2008, 02:50 AM

Not a drastic difference. The main idea behind the second coat is to assure full coverage. You will use less on the secondapplication and it will take less time. Post a picture!

Old 07-02-2008, 08:54 AM

argh....makes me wanna order right now. but w/ satin silver paint...its tough to get a ridiculous awesome shine as compared to a darker colored car.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 AM

OK I ordered some last Friday, it came in yesterday (Tuesday)... Way faster than I thought!!!!

This Friday I'm off work for the 4th of July, so I'll be waking up early and taking care of Sylvia (my wife named my car ) and gettin her purty before we head out to a party that evening...

Will post before/after pictures for all...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:45 AM

please do...i want to see how WP does on satin silver paint! cant wait!

Old 07-02-2008, 12:40 PM

ME EITHER!!!!!

There's a sort of utopian feeling that comes over me when I give my ride a wash.

I wonder how I'll feel while applying Wet Paint...

Old 07-02-2008, 03:38 PM

^^^ My guess ..... hi.

Quick Reply: Wet Paint