Do-It-Yourself Section This section is for requests for DIY help, not for general technical advice.

Replacing Rotors ( Rotors over Hub setup)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 04:06 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default Replacing Rotors ( Rotors over Hub setup)

This is the easy one....

tools needed : 14 + 17 mm socket, rachet, impact screrwdriver, phillip bit, hammer, lug nut remover tool , floor jack, jack stand ,sheet of sand paper ,grease,

Parts needed : rotor,( pads , i would reccomend replacing , if less than 50 % )

Brembo is a good rotor and cheaper than Honda, i have used it many times with no problems, as for pads , i would stick with Honda pads,Non-factory pads have a tendency to squeak...

Loosen lug nuts, raise car + put on jack stands, remove wheel, remove lower caliper bolt ( either 14 or 17 mm ),remove caliper from mounting bracket and swing it out of the way, remove brake pads, remove the 2, 17mm bolts for caliper mounting bracket, get the impact screwdriver and hit the 2 phillip screws on the rotor ( counterclockwise ) to remove them, remove rotor,

if pads are less than 50 % replace, if more than 50 %, smooth them down evenly with sand paper ..

Reinstall everything in reverse order, make sure to lube the caliper sliding pin,

You're done ...

OOOOOps.. ......I forgot to mention, that since now you got new rotor and pads, you need to squeeze the caliper piston in all the way or the caliper will not slide over the rotor, because pads and rotor are ticker now,,,,,,,,,

Tools needed : C-Clamp.