Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

'92 Honda Accord New Engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Default '92 Honda Accord New Engine

VIN Number: 1HGCB7674NA155657

So I'm about to get a new Engine for my '92 Honda Accord EX.. Someone that comes into the place I work at told me I should get a (this is a completely random thing I'm throwing out here based purely on 12 hour old memory) 3.0si motor to put it in instead of the stock motor that came with the vehicle?

The 3.0si may not even be close to what he told me to get, it may have been 3is, 3.0is or anything of the sort, but I have confidence you guys are familiar enough to know what he's talking about..

Now I do have a huge interest in turning my car, which needs a new engine ANYWAY because the old one was destroyed through stupidity, into a V6 if I can.. Is there any one that can give me a list of pros/cons in doing so? If possible can you also tell me if it's just as simple as taking the current engine out and throwing the new one in?

Basically, what I'm asking is as follows..

1: Will a V6 fit in my Honda?
2: Will any other components need to be swapped in order for it to be compatible w/ my car?
3: Is it going to hurt the car in any way longterm?
4: Will the V6 even be used to its full capability?

Disclaimer: I've never modified any cars in any way and I'm not particularly familiar with the "science" of cars either. I'm a fresh nub.. This work would all be done in a mechanic's shop.

Edit: After reading around a bit on the forums and Google I feel I need to clafiry a bit on my question..

I want to know what engine I can get to upgrade from a 4cyl to a V6 without having to replace anything else in my car as well..

Last edited by KillerDreaming; 07-02-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KillerDreaming
Edit: After reading around a bit on the forums and Google I feel I need to clafiry a bit on my question..

I want to know what engine I can get to upgrade from a 4cyl to a V6 without having to replace anything else in my car as well..
Not much if anything that I'm aware of. If you want more HP, think and research on either a turbo or an H swap.