Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

94 accord lx automatic

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Default 94 accord lx automatic

Hello Everyone,

This is my 1st time actually asking anything. I've been on but usually find my answers through other members problems. Anyway, here it is...

Last week I stopped at a gas station leaving work. After driving about 26 miles home my car hesitated after taking a turn. Once it kicked in, the car putted and sounds like and old VW Beetle.When I got to a stop sign it seemed like it just wanted to die. If I didn't just gas up I would've thought I was on empty. The car continued to do this for a couple of days. Finally I tried Lucas gas treatment. I had half a tank of gas, so I put the treatment in, took it for a 5 min ride on the hwy and went to the gas station to get about 2 gallons of gas to mix it up a lil. The car drove fine on the hwy to the gas station. After leaving the gas station, it instantly started to putt and would barely accelerate. The more I hit the gas peddle, the less the car went. Finally the car just died. I got it started after letting it sit for about 10- 15 min but it only went far enough for me to pull off the road. I tried to start it the next day but it will not turn over.

I've been told this could be a clogged fuel filter, but I never have luck with things being easy and costing less. Looking for feedback, to determine whether this is a job for my mechanic or if it could be an easy fix in the garage.

Thanks,,

Hondagrl

Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 PM

First question- did you go back to the first gas station? I'm just wondering if it's bad gas from the same station.

If not, how many miles are on your car? When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? Also, is your CEL on?

Last question- and please don't be insulted by the question- is there any chance you put diesel in your car by accident?