Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

94 accord lx versus Hemi Magnum?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 94 accord lx versus Hemi Magnum?

mm i dont know about that. honda loses about 14% at the wheels so 200*.86 is 172 .. ..230-172 is 58 thats alot of hp with the stuff that you said. i think even 200 to the wheels would possibly be overstating. also that setup would cost substantially more than turbo, and hes running auto. i dont know if you have driven an auto n/a h22 but......

Old 02-08-2006, 09:33 PM

A friend of mine has a 97 Prelude SH with an AEM V2 intake, DC sports header and Apexi N1 exhaust and he dynos at 182 whp. On several Prelude forums people have taken the 5th gen Prelude with Hondata, I/H/E and gotten up to 215 whp. With tuned cam gears you should be able to get about 230. I am in the process of doing this to my 93 Civic sedan.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:44 PM

I agree with 7thgen cause a properly rebuild H22 can output over 230hp at the wheels, then with high compression pistons even more. But the amount of work to have that power at the wheels will make the engine far more sold and allow for a lot more boost safely. Coupled with the fact that all that rebuilding means you can up the rpms some as well. Theres a guy out there with an n/a H22 thats outputting 302hp at the wheels, to give you an idea, 100mm bore 97mm stroke I cant remember the other specs but the engine is impressive.

Old 02-10-2006, 03:09 PM

o yea i didnt know we were talking about a cost is no object build here. i usually just switch into "cheap as f ing possible" mode so yea if you have a lot of money lying around i would go with a fully built h22. you could probably buy a fully built h22 for 5-8 g's that would be incredibly strong and probably rev to 10k rpm and handle 35 psi of boost.... and then a 35 psi turbo system would probably run you another 3-5 g's, and then you would need a specially built auto trans and special axles and a hondata stand alone ecu. i was just thinking like 1500-2000 total for 70 more hp. 210*.86 so like 180 at the wheels. $21.50 /hp.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:02 PM

I think if you drop an h22 engine and just do some minor changes, like intake, exhaust, headers, and put a small turbo on that thing, you'll be looking at 3 grand. if you want to go all out with your f22 engine, just tear the block, put high compression pistons, tatanium valves, camshaft, crankshaft pretty much a serious weight reduction to your engine, then drop a turbo in it. then your engine could probably withstand 9-11 psi without any problems. that would also run you close to 3.5K

Old 02-10-2006, 04:05 PM

I agree with you on everything, except for high quality lubricants (if you're talking about full synthetic oils). Running full synthetic on a high milage engine is not that good. the reason for that is that the oil will start leaking through the seals because it's thinner then what the engine is used to. If by "high quality lubricants" you meant using standard oil with higher viscosity, then I agree with you on that.
ORIGINAL: lightshow

you would need everything that a turbo needs to run on a honda which is a pretty short list. nothing needs to be done to the internals of the motor to run 7 psi. and if the system is done right, turbo lag will be all but nonexistent. the motor would be daily driver reliable. you would want to run only the best fuels and lubricants, extremely high quality plugs and wires, and the car needs to idle for a while every time you park it to let the turbo cool down. unless you know how to install turbos you should let a qualified shop install it. If you buy the parts yourself and have them install it, you will keep costs pretty low. heres some of the parts you will need.

- turbo
a great turbo to get is a second generation mitsubishi eclipse turbo/ T3-T4 garret/airresearch

-wastegate
turbonetics deltagate with a 7psi spring

-manifold
can be purchased or custom made at the shop. a simple log style manifold can work very well and is the cheapest. a tubular manifold is more efficient and costs a little more

-intercooler
can also be taken off a mits eclipse but a slightly larger front mount intercooler would work best.

-blow off valve
hks or other quality brand

-boost dependant FMU (fuel pressure regulator)
vortech FMU

-manifold pressure bleeder
synapse missing link

-high volume fuel pump
walbro 255lph

-ngk iridium plugs

-ngk wires

if you take all those parts to your shop they can do the rest. these parts can be found at your junkyard, magazines, speed shop, ebay, and many others. these parts shouldnt cost over 1500 dollars and should cost around 8-12 hundred, and it shouldnt take the shop more than 10 hours to put it in. so they shouldnt charge you any more than 800 dollars.