Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

95 accord ecu problems auto to manual transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 95 accord ecu problems auto to manual transmission

i have a 95 honda accord ex it was automatic but i installed a f22 vtec engine and manual transsmision from a 97 honda accord ex and i changed the wiring harnnes because it was driffent but im using the the computer from the 95 automatic accord the computer is P0A and the car red lines at 5000 rpms, i installed a mugen chip they tollme that if install this chip i was going to be able to red line at 8500 but it didnt make any driference it all,, i tryed a ecu chiped from a civic P30 and the car was missing alot but the rpms went all the way to 8500 and the vtec was strong at 4500 but the car doesnt stay running.. and i tryed a ecu from a h22 and doesnt work, a one from a acura gs-r and gs, and one from a 92 honda accord but nothing seems to work good ....i been looking from ecu for 95 acccord ex manual transsmision but they said its the same from a auto to manual transsmision .does any one knows what i need to make my car running good, what ecu can i use that works on my car

Old 02-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

You need the ECU to match your engine. Whatever donor car that engine came from.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i can't use the computer from the donor honda because it a obd2 and im going to have to replace all the wirering harnness from both car and thats a lot of work and i dont know if its goint to work... i replaced all the wirering from the engine compartment but to replaced the rest.. i have to take the dash cover and make new holes on the fire wall and make a few brakets.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

You may have to swap some sensors from your old engine, to make the new one into OBD-1. Your EX already had a vtec engine, right? So you'll probably want the distributor from your old engine. The OBD-2 engine will have a couple sensors at the crankshaft pulley that you won't need (noplace to plug them in) so you might have to tie up some wires.

I've seen a couple posts about a jumper you have to remove from YOUR ECU so it isn't looking for an automatic trans. But I don't really know the details about that.

There's some other wiring to change. Your car has wiring for the neutral-safety switch. You'll need to swap that for the clutch interlock circuit.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Newest Of Newbies

yea i didnt plug dose conector and i try to use the distrubutor from the 97 but it was driffrent it only has one conector and doesnt have a crank sensor inside the crak sensor its on the pulley and the neutral safety switch is done i been using the car seens i installed the engine that was like 2 weeks ago but i don like it how it has no power on high rpms and that the rpms dont go over 5000 i done a few of engine swaps i put a h22 on 94 accord and i replaced the ecu i put a ecu from a h22 and the was running good,, and i put a h22 engine and ecu on integra gsr and the car run good. and i put a f22 vtec from a 95 accord to a 94 civic and the car runs really good.. but this my first obd2 engine on a obd1 car i just dont know what to do..i been looking for ecu adaptor but nobody makes from obd1 to obd2 ecu

Old 02-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I did some quick searches all i came up with using a poh ecu

Old 02-17-2010, 01:44 AM
Newest Of Newbies

i tryed to install a poh ecu and the connector are way diffrent it doesnt fit this is my ecu 37820-P0A-A51 i would like to try a 37820-P0A-A01 to see if it makes any driffrence,, i tryed the chipped ecuP0A-A51 on a 94 accord lx none vtec and the computer runs great rpms go all the way to 8500, i want to buy a P0A-A01 to buy another chip and put it on to see if works..

Old 03-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i tried the ecu poa a01 from a 95accord ex manual trans and i installed a mugen chip on the ecu, but the car was running still running the same, i found out what the problem was it was the vtec selenoid because the 97 accord ex f22 engine only has one connector and the vtec selenoid from the 95 accord ex has 2 connectors i tried a vtec selenoid from a 95 honda accord ex f22 and the problem was corrected. the rpms go all the way pass 8000 rpms and i can feel the vtec really strong and its faster than the h22 a engine i race 3 diffrent cars with the h22 and one acura gsr b18 vtec and my f22 b1 is faster. i really like how it runs thank every one for your help..

Old 05-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Default Solution

i had the same problem when i did the swap all you got to do is wire the vtec. you take the vtec wire and run it to the battery and hopefully that will solve your problem

Old 05-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

theres some good ideas here but i didnt see anyone mentioning your going from OBD1 to OBD2. of course theres gunna be a problem. like someone else said just get the ecu thats meant for the engine.

Quick Reply: 95 accord ecu problems auto to manual transmission