Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

96 Honda Accord LX 4-cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Default 96 Honda Accord LX 4-cylinder

I have had a couple of issues with my Accord. At first my radio went out as well as the cigarette lighter. I believe that may have been caused by my wiring harness but I am not sure. Also on the way back home from NC to FL it began to overheat, I pulled and let it cool. My fluid levels were fine so I believe this was my water pump. However after the engine cooled I began my trip again and my Accord acted like it did not want to catch the next gear. I gave it a little more gas and when it caught the gear it just went out of me. At first I thought I slung a rod. When i pulled over I was leaking oil badly. I have checked my oil pan and I have two holes in it, both coming out from the oil pan so I know nothing came from the road and entered my pan. I have checked my cylinder heads and everything looks great as well as the camshaft. I have also checked all of the gears on the right side of the engine and there is no slack on any of the belts. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I am running out of ideas, thank you in advance.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Chriscoe
I have had a couple of issues with my Accord. At first my radio went out as well as the cigarette lighter. I believe that may have been caused by my wiring harness but I am not sure. Also on the way back home from NC to FL it began to overheat, I pulled and let it cool. My fluid levels were fine so I believe this was my water pump. However after the engine cooled I began my trip again and my Accord acted like it did not want to catch the next gear. I gave it a little more gas and when it caught the gear it just went out of me. At first I thought I slung a rod. When i pulled over I was leaking oil badly. I have checked my oil pan and I have two holes in it, both coming out from the oil pan so I know nothing came from the road and entered my pan. I have checked my cylinder heads and everything looks great as well as the camshaft. I have also checked all of the gears on the right side of the engine and there is no slack on any of the belts. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I am running out of ideas, thank you in advance.

I have a headache after reading that paragraph.

I feel like you were giving us one of those Word Math Problems from Elementary School.

Seriously why would you include the information that your radio and cig light stopped working in the same long run-on statement that included mysterious new ventilation holes in your oil pan???

You already know the answer, it was right there in the middle of your long ramble.

Your rods have decided they were sick and tired of being in the motor and have now left you looking for a new life somewhere else.

You now need a new motor.

And please for the love of all things good in this world, please use the ENTER key from time to time.
It makes what you are saying so much easier to understand.
It is the key with the arrow that kinda goes down first then points to the left.

Sorry for the loss of your motor...It is always sad to lose something close to us.