Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

'99 V6 AT to MT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:09 PM
twitchyboost
Unregistered
Default '99 V6 AT to MT?

Can anyone tell me what it takes to swap a AT to MT on a 1999 Accord V6 2dr i heard the TL type s works but never seen it done woundering if it just bolts up or needsanadapter and how to trick the ecu or would the TL ecu work

Old 03-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Default RE: '99 V6 AT to MT?

well from what i hear its alot more work to convert your automatic transmission to a manual transmission...

supposedly you'll need a lot of parts i can't remember of the top of my head but i think it was clutch,pedals,shifter,master cylinder head,manual transmission,maunal transmission computer,and uhhhh thats all i can remember because i was trying to convert my automatic to a manual also but after all the research i've done its going to cost WAY too much money so instead i'm just trying to find someone selling an engine with transmission and accessories and such which seems to be a little cheaper...not a big difference but hey better then nothing... and uhhhh actually why would you wanna put the transmission of a TL type S if i'm not mistaken i think in either 2002 or 2003 they started making them manual transmission for the type S...I THINK its not a definite do research on that because i am trying to drop in a J32A2 type S into my accord...besides the 6th generation accord V6 has a manual transmission version too why don't you just shop around junkyards and see what you get but seeing how many people love the manual transmission over the auto transmission its not going to be that easy...its all about knowing how to look and whatnot...anyone feel free to comment because i know i might have a little bit of inaccurate info..

Old 03-10-2008, 10:33 PM

^ Acutally most of what you said is inaccurate besides the parts needed for the swap. The 6sp mt is found in the 2003 cl-s, not the tl-s. And no, the 6th gen v6 does not come in a mt, only autos. To do the swap, you will need a custom wire harness, which there is a vendor on v6performance.net and you will need a mt from either the 2003 cl-s or the newer TL/Accord would work, but you will need to weld a peg on the TL/Accord tranny from what the vendors says. There are other misc things you would need though.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Just go to v6performance.net and start reading. There's several write ups.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

Just go to v6performance.net and start reading. There's several write ups.
x2. There is probably a link to a thread somewhere in this forum if you would utilize the search function at the top of the page. The bottom line is, your car is likely not even worth what it costs to swap to MT. It would be cheaper and you would have more power if you sold your car and bought a 6spd 7th gen Accord. I hate to rain on your parade, but that's reality for you.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 PM

AHHH i meant to say CL not TL...i didn't even notice and Oh you're right there isn't a V6 manual transmission i mistakened it for something else because my friends accord is manual and v6 but he just told me he swapped it in my bad. oh and from what he says it is possible but he said he spent about 7000 or 8000i think he said i can't remember AND HIS isn't even a 6 speed its a 5 speed...hmmm...if i were you i'd just keep it auto...because i don't care what anyone says i know i don't have knowledge in this but darn even i know when to quit...8000 dollars???yeah thats basically buying another car.....yeah but who knows shop around,maybe you'll get lucky!remember in life there are people that get suckered and people that do the suckering...maybe your luck push you into a good deal....

Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

There is no 5spd unless it came from the Legend, which is a whole different motor and won't bolt up.

You ramble so much its hard to figure out what you're saying. Let's work on complete sentences and punctuation.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 PM

Ok,I'll WRITE IN COMPLETE SENTENCES!

AND I NEVER SAID HE GOT IT FROM ANOTHER ACCORD!

HE JUST HAS A MANUAL!

IS THIS BETTER?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW??

AND IT COST HIM A LOT OF MONEY

BUT IT WAS NOT FROM ANOTHER ACCORD!I DON"T KNOW WHERE HE GOT IT FROM I JUST KNOW HE HAS IT AND HE SPENT AN ARM AND LEG AND EYEBALL DOING IT!

Old 03-13-2008, 04:48 PM

the whole point is don't do it guy...just leave it as an automatic..you basically throwing away money...i mean in my opinion my friend was an idiot to spend 8000...