Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   the easiest most effective upgrade (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/easiest-most-effective-upgrade-8712/)

02 accord 04-05-2007 01:07 PM

the easiest most effective upgrade

what is the cheapest, easiest to install modifacation for the greatest increase in power and economy

sir_nasty 04-05-2007 02:06 PM

RE: the easiest most effective upgrade

Short Ram or Cold Air Intake are the cheapest, easiest and one of the best bang for the buck upgrades with little work..... I would purchase a Bomz Short Ram intake off ebay and replace the filter with a K&N or AEM down the road....

poser_pilot6 04-05-2007 02:31 PM

I second sir_nasty. I have the Bomz intake with K&N filter, it works great. And it adds a nice sound to your car as well.

WheelBrokerAng 04-06-2007 02:27 AM

ORIGINAL: 02 accord

what is the cheapest, easiest to install modifacation for the greatest increase in power and economy

Hi Member:
Of course there's always the old fashioned thing of New Plugs and wires and changeing of all the filters on your car..good start and usually necessary...

WheelBrokerAng :)

HondaRacer4Vtec 04-06-2007 11:42 AM

hmm i rahter you go with exhustor headers. They add more power. But the guys are right cheapest easiest and most econ is def. Intake, just make sure you got nice filter, i recommand the aem dry filter.

sssexy70 04-09-2007 10:05 PM

What is the difference between all of the short ram intakes? What makes one for $100 better than one for $11? It's all basically the same in the end, am I not right? I want to make a smart decision for both budget and quality.

poser_pilot6 04-09-2007 10:10 PM

Some people swear by name brands such as AEM or Injen. Realistically, there isnt much difference between an AEM short ram for $120 and a Bomz short ram off of eBay for $42. The real difference is in the filter, so if you do as several people, including myself, have done, and get the cheap intake and then pick up a K&N (or AEM) filter, you will be good to go. Its really up to you and how much you want to spend, and if you are a name brand kind of guy/gal.

badxdawgx818 04-09-2007 11:32 PM

does it matter if i change ths spark plug wire and spark plug. does it have more horse power?

03Sleeper 04-09-2007 11:34 PM

I dunno....I rather pay the tab with name brand.

Bomz Drifting Racing Springs vs. TEIN Springs....

sssexy70 04-10-2007 01:08 AM

having not ever seen or driven a car with one of these, can someone describe what kind of difference I will feel from a short ram? Is it actually noticeable? Or should i just settle with my 130hp automatic?

sssexy70 04-10-2007 01:18 PM

Also, how would I find the right K&N filter on ebay?

03Sleeper 04-10-2007 08:04 PM

It'll be quicker off the mark because more air is flowing through, but the raw HP gain is around 3-5. There's a nice, satisfying sound as you reach 3000-4000 rpm or WOT.

Usually, it's a nice cone filter. Check the pipe size (measure it) and buy the according filter. My filter was 3", yours could be 2.5 or 2.75.

j_man_honda 04-10-2007 11:34 PM

Either intake will give your car a nice roar when you race it up. The cold air sounds a lot meaner while idling though. Sort of like a vacuum cleaner(sucking) noise. I know firsthand because I have the AEM V2 intake. Performs awesome as well.

03Sleeper 04-10-2007 11:41 PM

But both of them have the nice "click" as the TB shuts as you turn off your car. That always puts a smile on my face when I come home.

Hey j_man, when (RPM wise) does the CAI roar really kick in...I wanted to install my intake CAI (i have the longer pipe,etc.) but Maryland is just too wet.