Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

the easiest most effective upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Default the easiest most effective upgrade

what is the cheapest, easiest to install modifacation for the greatest increase in power and economy

Old 04-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Default RE: the easiest most effective upgrade

Short Ram or Cold Air Intake are the cheapest, easiest and one of the best bang for the buck upgrades with little work..... I would purchase a Bomz Short Ram intake off ebay and replace the filter with a K&N or AEM down the road....

Old 04-05-2007, 02:31 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I second sir_nasty. I have the Bomz intake with K&N filter, it works great. And it adds a nice sound to your car as well.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:27 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 02 accord

what is the cheapest, easiest to install modifacation for the greatest increase in power and economy
Hi Member:
Of course there's always the old fashioned thing of New Plugs and wires and changeing of all the filters on your car..good start and usually necessary...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-06-2007, 11:42 AM

hmm i rahter you go with exhustor headers. They add more power. But the guys are right cheapest easiest and most econ is def. Intake, just make sure you got nice filter, i recommand the aem dry filter.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 PM

What is the difference between all of the short ram intakes? What makes one for $100 better than one for $11? It's all basically the same in the end, am I not right? I want to make a smart decision for both budget and quality.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:10 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Some people swear by name brands such as AEM or Injen. Realistically, there isnt much difference between an AEM short ram for $120 and a Bomz short ram off of eBay for $42. The real difference is in the filter, so if you do as several people, including myself, have done, and get the cheap intake and then pick up a K&N (or AEM) filter, you will be good to go. Its really up to you and how much you want to spend, and if you are a name brand kind of guy/gal.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:32 PM

does it matter if i change ths spark plug wire and spark plug. does it have more horse power?

Old 04-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I dunno....I rather pay the tab with name brand.

Bomz Drifting Racing Springs vs. TEIN Springs....

Old 04-10-2007, 01:08 AM

having not ever seen or driven a car with one of these, can someone describe what kind of difference I will feel from a short ram? Is it actually noticeable? Or should i just settle with my 130hp automatic?

Quick Reply: the easiest most effective upgrade