Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

ECU wire out Got da "blue wire blues"90 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:50 PM
HONDA90
Unregistered
Default ECU wire out Got da "blue wire blues"90 Accord

Hi All,

When I unplugged my ECU, a solid blue wire came out of the back of the conector plug. (There are 3 plugs with the one in question being the mid size plug) This plug has3 or 4 blank slots that the wire could have come from,but I don't know which slot it was!!! Do you think that I could try each slotuntil I get the right one,ORwould trying the wrong slot automatically short out the ECU? I am willing to take a reasonable risk in trying each slot IF guessing wrongwould probably not short it out. Anyone know what my chances might be? I hateto have this car towed into a shop and pay $100 for someone to connect this one lousy wire. [:@]

I have looked on the internet for hours trying to find a wiring diagram on the plug connector, but no luck. Besides, I am not sure that I would even understandwhat I was looking at.The ECU is PT3-871 for a 90 Accord EX just in case anyone is able to help out. I wrecked my other car today, so now i need to get the Honda runing againfast. Not fast....just soon. lol. Im desperado. Any thoughts or help veryyyyyyyy much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Old 09-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Default RE: ECU wire out Got da "blue wire blues"90 Accord

Is it a solid blue wire or blue with a colored stripe?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:48 PM
HONDA90
Unregistered

It's a solid blue wire.....no stripe. Any idea what it might be for or what pin slot it goes to? Also would it hurt the CPU if I guess wrong? Thanks

Old 09-21-2007, 01:08 PM
HONDA90
Unregistered

I wonder if I should just hook up the ECU without the blue wire?Would I then be able to read the code to see what this wire is for? Who knows, maybe it is for something minor that I do not need right now.......like windows or horn or brakes. Just need basic transportation for now.

Although I am deperate for transpotation and feel i should at least be trying to do something,I will be patient and wait my turn and hold off until I hear from someone.I would just hate to short out this ECU. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:02 AM
HONDA90
Unregistered

Thought I would ask again if anyone can help me with any of the above questions I had asked. Thanks

Old 09-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

add a signature and I'll tell you where to get the pin diagram.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:08 PM
HONDA90
Unregistered

Thanks.....you can email me at mailitomehere@yahoo.com with any info on pin diagram etc thatyou might have. ( i checked the "add signature" box.....not sure what that's used for....maybe for email addy, duh)

Old 09-28-2007, 02:53 PM

Click on "my profile" at the top, then scroll down a bit and you'll see the "signature" box, input year, model, trim, engine, tranny info in there and check the box that says "use on every post" or something like that. This way we know exactly what car you're talking about every time you post. There is a difference from a 90 ex to a 90 lx and from manual to automatic so that information is important when we try to answer a question.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:37 PM
HONDA90
Unregistered

OK....i got my signature line........so where does this blue wire go? Does anyone have a diagram or a pic for me? If I can not dertermine that, can i just try all 4 pins without shorting out the ECU? Any other suggestions? Thanks

Old 09-29-2007, 01:45 PM

This site should have the manual for your car with wiring diagrams. if the blue wire doesn't have any voltage running to it you should be able to try the different ports without blowing anything but I wouldn't really suggest it. However, the only solid blue wire that I know of for that year is the one that goes to the service connecto that you jumper to pull ecu codes. If that is in fact that wire then you may have a hard time figuring out if it's in the right spot or not since nothing will change.

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Accord/

Quick Reply: ECU wire out Got da "blue wire blues"90 Accord