Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Engine bay strut bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:50 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Engine bay strut bar

Hey guys, at Advance Auto they have an APC (yea I know ) strut bar for 30 bucks. I would like the looks but was just wondering would it really help? And how hard is the install? And will it be in the way of performing other simple tasks under the hood? Thanks

Old 10-06-2006, 03:40 AM
Default RE: Engine bay strut bar

I have a no-name strut bar on my car (was there when I bought it) so I'm not sure if it has helped handling any but I assume at least a little. One thing I do know is that it does kinda get in the way when working underhood. I have seen some strut bars that have like a quick release and you swing the bar out of the way easily. Installation should be practically bolt on. There are some bars that require you to drill holes but is nothing that you can't handle.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

it will help somewhat. you can get the cl type S bar for $45 (tubular steel) I'd go that route......

Old 10-09-2006, 02:26 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks for your replies

YeuEmMaiMai, what is a cl type S bar? And would it be that much better? Thanks!

Old 10-09-2006, 02:53 AM

the CL type is Acura's version of the accord coupe. Much better suspension, considerably more power (than the 6th gen that it is based upon), nicer interior, heavier (smoother riding) and once of the benifits is that if you have a 1998-02 accord the CL type S strut bar bolts right up........

Old 10-09-2006, 04:47 AM

i have a nuespeed solid strut bar, it helped a lot on hard turns

Old 03-20-2007, 04:47 PM

Does the same hold true for an Acura TL bar fitting in an Accord sedan? I have a 2000 EX 4 cyl and am interested in buying the TL bar, but want to be sure it fits.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

it will help somewhat. you can get the cl type S bar for $45 (tubular steel) I'd go that route......
I may be misunderstanding but it appears that some of you are talking about a sway bar and some of you are talking about a strut tower bar..... Or does the CL type S come standard with a strut tower bar under the hood?

Old 03-20-2007, 05:04 PM

I was referring to the strut tower bar under the hood for stiffening the chassis, and not the suspension anti-sway or anti-roll bars.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:22 PM

I figured that's what you were reffering to.... I think yeu is talking about the sway bar.... I could be wrong though..... as far as strut tower bars go I used a cheap set of $40.00 or so APC (I think...) and they helped my car... it had been wrecked enough times that it needed the added support.... The way I see it is as long as they use quality aluminum then aluminum is aluminum when it comes to tower braces.... that Comptech stamp on them cost's an extra $100.00 or so per bar and adds nothing performance wise...

Quick Reply: Engine bay strut bar