Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Engine Wont Start

Old 01-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Default Engine Wont Start

This is a 93 Honda Accord EX. This is my Brothers Card. The Water Pump went out a month ago and I decided Monday of this week to drop it off @ the Honda Dealership. When they Tried to crank it up today and drive it in the shop it wont crank. (I pulled the car to the shop with the Jeep). I was LIKE WTF. I didnt messed with it. He said that the wires are not getting any spark or anything. Anybody can help me out wat it is? dont want to get FAWKed..

Thanks
Anthony

Old 01-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Engine Wont Start

sounds like a distributer problem to me, thats the first thing i check when there isnt spark, well, after checking the spark plugs that is.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:08 PM

If the car isn't in your possession it's impossible to troubleshoot but I can attempt to give you a couple of ideas.... If it's not getting any spark it could be the coil, cap/rotor, Dead battery (if it's not even turning over), distributor....

Old 01-18-2007, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

If the car isn't in your possession it's impossible to troubleshoot but I can attempt to give you a couple of ideas.... If it's not getting any spark it could be the coil, cap/rotor, Dead battery (if it's not even turning over), distributor....
The car does have a dead battery.The Mech has it on a BatteryJumper. Im think it is thecap/rotor. It might have some film of grease on it..IDK.. I will talk tohim later today.. Anymore tips?

BTW: The Spark Plugs, Wires, Cap and Rotors has been replace 6 months ago.. Except the Coil and Distributor...

Old 01-18-2007, 05:49 PM

did you use NGK plugs? if you used bosch plugs that's not good... they don't play well with honda's....

Old 01-18-2007, 05:49 PM

Yes I did change them with NGK that this forum recommended me..Stock Parts...

Thanks
Anthony

Old 01-18-2007, 05:59 PM

Ground wire on the ECU came out and now it RUNS!!!!!

Anyways, He is going to start working on the timing belt and it is going tocost me total of $610 bucks.. It was $550...

Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 PM

is he going to do the seals/water pump at the same time or is that a quote for the belt only? Have you considered doing this job yourself?

Old 01-18-2007, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

is he going to do the seals/water pump at the same time or is that a quote for the belt only? Have you considered doing this job yourself?
He is a Honda Master/Head Mechanic. He is doing the Seals, Belts, Rollers, and water pump. I did and after I cant get the Crank Pulley Bolt off. I gave up.. Plus skewl started back up..

Anthony

Old 01-19-2007, 01:42 PM

Well, Phillip is going to pick up the Honda today... Parts that where replace where... WaterPump, Timing Belt, Balancing Belt, All the Oil Seals, Tension Rollers, One Heater Hose (Cause this whole problem the whole time), Turned Rotors, Oil Change with OEM Filter, Drained and Refilled Manual Tranny with Honda fluids, Valve Adjustment and fix the Ground on the ECU...All for $780 Bucks...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine Wont Start