Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

f22a daily driver/project

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Default f22a daily driver/project

Wussup. im new to this forum.
I have a 92 accord ex f22a1, all stock. so far the only mod i have is a tubonator in my intake. works great! now i can ride out the gas light for like 4 days! but seriosly, i want to boost my car someday. first i need to repair my tranny. Its got a 4spd auto. funny thing is, it only has 2nd and 4th gear. not sure what the problem is... About 218k miles. got a great engine. every thing good now xcept for the tranny...

any information yall are willing to share is greatly appreciated...

Old 07-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Default RE: f22a daily driver/project

first of all turbonator??? you serious? ive only heard bad thing about that thing, one being that the blade may one day break off and screw up your engine, another bieng that it can cause your engine to run lean thus breakin down your engine. i have no first hand experience with the thing so dont take my word on it.

second its an automatic how the heck you know its in 2nd and 4th? (im a nood i dont know these things) well anyways your plates might be worn out??? (someone correct me before he takes my advice on this one)

Old 07-22-2007, 10:34 AM

Turbonator.com, check it out if you dont understand the physics of it...

i know its 2nd and 4th because it changes to 1st and 3rd sometimes. but thats not very often. with the turbonator, my second gear takeoff is pretty good, but the next gear up is nowhere near as aggressive as it should be. so 2nd and 4th...

Old 07-22-2007, 01:15 PM

Does anybody know why my tranny is slipping like this?
Also i was thinking about swapping my 4spd with either a 5spd or a 6spd stick. where can i get this done and how much would it cost?
Thanks

Old 07-22-2007, 04:02 PM

THere is no 6spd tranny you can get for your car...unless you have one custom made. Go to a junkyard and you can use the tranny off of any manual accord from 90-93. YOu'll also have to take the clutch assemblies and cylinders as well as the shifter and the two linkage cables.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:25 PM

couldnt i get the 6spd from k20a2 Rsx?

Old 07-22-2007, 08:06 PM

Bolt locations are wrong

Old 07-23-2007, 02:47 PM

Take the turbonator out. It is only harming your engine. if you want to do a real turbo someday, you want your engine to be as strong as it can be. That turbonator is restricting your airflow. Any performance you think it gave you is all in your head.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:11 PM

are u sure? cuz my friend jeff has one in his integra and it is better with it. I even noticed that it is a gas saver...

Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 AM

It's all in your head. If you don't believe me one of you need to take your car and get it dynoed. Once on the dyno with the turd-bonator and once without it. I have also heard stories of people whose engines got royally screwed after they left the turd-bonator in for too long. Do some research. Type "turbonator" in google and see how many bad reviews it has. "turbonator" has even made it onto urbandictionary.com. It is defined there as: Turbonator is a cheap supercharger that screws up your car after long term use.

Quick Reply: f22a daily driver/project