Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

F23A1 Mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 04:23 AM
Default F23A1 Mod

i hear prolly more controversy over modding the F23A1 than the evergoing battle between SRI and CAI..lol...but on a serious note im really thinkin about modding my F23A1 where as most say just go for the H22 well hate to say it but i dont have any H22 money...lol...but really whats soo bad about the F23?? aside from its long gears what really keeps my engine from bein a v6 killer??

i thought about getting a turbo for it alot of people said that is the better route instead of the h22.. i really dont know what im pushing right now..with only a flowmaster 40 series and a regular angle cut tip...not sure what size...and a SRI...im thinkin maybe im pushin about low 16s? im tryna get the quickest quarter

Old 12-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: F23A1 Mod

Probably pushing low 17s...

F23 + quality turbo parts & EMS = $2500-4000 laying down 8psi max

H22/23 swap = $2000 or less

None of those prices include any shop labor, that's doing all the wrench time yourself except the tune.

If you want to run a lower 1/4 mile, I suggest the shorter geared H tranny

8psi on an F23 will run you about 200-220hp, an H swap will run you about the same.

You want a V6 killer without investing huge money and time? Buy the $900 nitrous kit from falkore.

Going from debating intakes to forced induction and engines swaps is a pretty big leap.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:56 AM

LOL ..... it's actually a $1200 kit that my friend is willing to take a $300 loss on.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:44 AM

^That thing is still for sale?

lol.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

I love(well hate) my H. When it was running it was nice, made 191whp with just bolt ons and a good tune. And there is really nothing like actual VTEC.

I do like the suggested nitrous idea though.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:54 AM

yeah, it's still in my tool room ..... with my other toys. I'll post toy pics in the thread about my car.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: finch13

Probably pushing low 17s...

F23 + quality turbo parts & EMS = $2500-4000 laying down 8psi max

H22/23 swap = $2000 or less

None of those prices include any shop labor, that's doing all the wrench time yourself except the tune.

If you want to run a lower 1/4 mile, I suggest the shorter geared H tranny

8psi on an F23 will run you about 200-220hp, an H swap will run you about the same.

You want a V6 killer without investing huge money and time? Buy the $900 nitrous kit from falkore.

Going from debating intakes to forced induction and engines swaps is a pretty big leap.

to be honest i really dont like the nitrous idea...i mean i like it but im not a nitrous man...to me its almos like cheating ya kno...now whereas a turbo...lol...but...im liking the quicker h22 not too sure tho....i mean theres no way to maximize the whp of the f23?...what about a camshaft?

Old 12-24-2008, 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: AccordLXMaster

i hear prolly more controversy over modding the F23A1 than the evergoing battle between SRI and CAI..lol...but on a serious note im really thinkin about modding my F23A1 where as most say just go for the H22 well hate to say it but i dont have any H22 money...lol...but really whats soo bad about the F23?? aside from its long gears what really keeps my engine from bein a v6 killer??

i thought about getting a turbo for it alot of people said that is the better route instead of the h22.. i really dont know what im pushing right now..with only a flowmaster 40 series and a regular angle cut tip...not sure what size...and a SRI...im thinkin maybe im pushin about low 16s? im tryna get the quickest quarter
you never gonna beat a v6 without dishin out some serious money
honda made the v6 accord to be more powerful then the 4, so they're not gonna let the 4 bangers keep up with the v6's otherwise why would people pay more for the v6's?

and tbh man why do you need to have a good 1/4 mile? hondas are ecomy cars lol, drive it to work and home like i do mine, yeah i could push probly 330 hp with a good turbo, tuning, new cams vtec controller, and so on, on my v6 if i wanted to put all my money into it then have wildcards do a manual swap, becasue honda engines use forged internals (i have probly a max of 500hp before sh*t begans to break), get an intake and an exahust it makes you feel like your going alot faster, truste me, it worked for me hah, save your money for like school or soemthing idk lol

Old 12-24-2008, 03:21 PM

lol thing is im not really tryna use my honda for its economy..and plus i do have an intake and a exhaust upgrade cept for the headers so yea it feels faster..i just want it to be faster...im tired of gettin blown out by other cars....i really havent raced any GM except for a dodge ram...and suprisingly i won....for some reason...still dont know why....raced a hyundai....a caprice....plenty of lowlife 4 bangers(cavalier....protoge...saturns..etc)...now i just got blown out by a 240sx the other day that loked like shyt...crashed up bumper and everything and i still lost looks like all he had was a muffler....o well...like i said im just trying to get the most whp i possibly can...any suggestions?...(besides nitrous..and manual change)

Old 12-24-2008, 05:24 PM

ok i agree with you h22 money just isnt in the bank right now but i too have an f23a1 engine its self but my car is an 85 mirage so i like the idea of the f23 in my mitsu but i think if you add a turbo your for sure gonna have to get a better tranny im in the same boat my friend get some better cams, rods, pistons, and any thing elese that you can posible think of for your car and mos def get a better tranny

Quick Reply: F23A1 Mod