Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Fuel Filter Element Crushed???

Old 07-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Default Fuel Filter Element Crushed???

I have a 91 Accord LX Sedan that I changed the fuel filter in a few days ago. Just because I was curious how dirty it was i cut it opened and found that the element inside was crushed. What could cause this? I have seen air filters do this when they are not getting enough airflow. So maybe it is a fuel flow/pressure issue?
I found that is a little water in the fuel. I ran some alcohol though the system to help remove that and I plan on draining the tank also to get as much out as I can. The reason I changed the filter was because I have a stubble every so often just driving down the road at a steady speed. I am planning on checking the fuel pressure to see if there may be a problem with it. Also while on the subject I have had a hesitation around 1500 to 2000 RPM ever since I have had this car. I have change the distributor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, and all the ground straps I can find. I read somewhere that it may be build up in the injectors or around the area they spray. I plan on running a complete set of BG products throuhg it at work next week to see what that does.
--><--