Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Got some questions! whos got the answers!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Default Got some questions! whos got the answers!?

Wsup fella's! im new to HAF & need some input! Ive got an 04 accord ex v6 auto sedan. lookin to make her punch abit more, i just purchased an injen cold air intake. and im lookin to work on my exhaust next wich i need input on, and are there any not to over the top expensive ways toadd HP. headers, cams etc. if anyone could steer me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it, not enough to pay you of course! 8)Name:  Thewhip002.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  120.3 KB

Old 05-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Got some questions! whos got the answers!?

Headers - not sure if and who makes them for the 7th gen V6, your best bet for power after the exhaust.

Cams - again not sure on the V6 support, depending on the profile they might make the car difficult to drive on the low RPMs...

Other options - there's not much else you can do for cheap. Weight reduction would be a good start. Air intake resonator can go, misc. junk in your trunk, etc. A head swap would probably do some good. You might even be able to get away with a DIY polish on it.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:42 PM

aright sweet, but are there certain manufacturers that work better for the accord than others? as far as a muffler system, should i get a cat back. as for those cams i was told by a friend to look into HKS camshafts. keep in mind im no gear head, il probly have all this prof. installed!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:06 PM

GReddy, APEXi, Tanabe, Magnaflow, Flowmaster for exhaust.

There are more options than HKS for cams. It sounds like your buddy just threw out a well-known name.

I hope you won't miss an arm and a leg for the shop install.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:20 AM

No headers. No cams unless the TL cams fit.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:12 AM

You can't get headers because your stock manifolds are not detachable - they are welded on.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:36 PM

no headers! roger that!, TL cams only. "if they fit"! copy that! TL is a brand? or a type of cam.. not a gear head, just a graphic designer lol! thanks for the input people! as for exhaust? what would work best with my model?

Old 05-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: one35studios

no headers! roger that!, TL cams only. "if they fit"! copy that! TL is a brand? or a type of cam.. not a gear head, just a graphic designer lol! thanks for the input people! as for exhaust? what would work best with my model?
TL as in out of a Acura TL(its a car). as far as HKS they dont even really make parts for hondas, nevermind v6 accords.

a cheap way to make big horsepower is nitrous, not sure as to how much a stock engine can handle, probably 50 or 75 shot.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:45 PM

Nos isnt really my style. im lookin for over all performance rather than one time shots that send me into a wall! lol

Old 05-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: one35studios

Nos isnt really my style. im lookin for over all performance rather than one time shots that send me into a wall! lol
its not really like its played up to be in the movies and video games.

the system you would use would add either 50 or 75 hp. and most people use sniper kits, that means when you hit wide open throttle the nitrous kicks in, rather than the fast and the furious button on the steeringwheel type deal.

I forgot how much you can get out of a 10lb bottle of nitrous, if i remember correctly its around a minute of use.

Quick Reply: Got some questions! whos got the answers!?