Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

h22 complete swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:01 PM
banished927
Unregistered
Default h22 complete swap

i'm pretty new to honda's and just bought a 1995 accord ex. the plan for the car is to drop an h22 in it and i was wondering where i could get a complete engine swap for it, and if not then the individual parts, such as motor mounts, obd conversions if necessary. i've done my homework, just not finding anything. any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

adam

Old 03-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Administrator
Default RE: h22 complete swap

1St place to start looking would be in the salvage yards in your state..call them all up untill you find one that says they have a 1994 to 1997 Prelude for starters..let us know if you find one...

WheelBrokerAng Welcomes You to The HAF..New Member

Old 03-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

1St place to start looking would be in the salvage yards in your state..call them all up untill you find one that says they have a 1994 to 1997 Prelude for starters..let us know if you find one...

WheelBrokerAng Welcomes You to The HAF..New Member
That would be the worst idea.

www.tigerjapanese.com - Cheapest prices and shipping.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:24 AM

if you call a salvage yard i can gurantee you they are going to rape your pockets dry and plus some of those engines arent in good condition..

Old 03-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

www.hmotorsonline.com for the motor, more expensive than tiger japanese but WAYYYY better reputation/customer service.

motor mount www.hasport.com
radiator hoses obx or samco ebay or www.passwordjdm.com
obd conversion www.rywire.com
ECU www.phearable.net

Old 03-18-2008, 08:02 PM

I've never heard of a problem with tigerjapanese.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:50 PM

are you proposing he goes on 5 different sites to buy the neccessary parts?but i just checked out that website BCK gave and they had some pretty reasonable prices...with alot of accessories

Old 03-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

i heard some stories about them, and i think they have a fair amount of bad feedback on ebay.

there is no way you can get all the parts you need from one site, believe me, i now have all the parts i need for my swap, and its $1000 later and many orders from many sites

Old 03-19-2008, 07:58 AM

He can reuse his stock motor mounts and the prelude mounts in his CD. He could upgrade to forged alum mountsif he wanted but its not necessary. He's already OBD1, so he doesn't have to swap anything, his motor might even come with the ECU if he asks for it and if they have it available. All hoses should swap right over, even if they don't, autozone or any parts store is cheaper and faster than samco or obx.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:55 PM
ta003
Unregistered

Sorry to bring this old thread up. I did my research and found the following.

To start with I just acquired a 94 ex auto accord sedan. Engine is shot in the car, I don't have much faith on the tranny as well. I plan on using this a backup/winter car. Since I will need to purchase a f22b1 anyway, I figured I will go with a low mileage h22a auto so it will be powerful enough for highway driving.

I found the following engine/tranny combo at tiger japanease.

http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.p...&Itemid=26

From what I read, the stock accord axles wouldn't work if I choose to use the prelude tranny right? Also I will need to modify the stock mounts and get new stock mounts.

Other than that I don't see if I need anything else for the swap. Again, purpose of this swap is just to put in a slightly powerful engine for this daily driver with auto. It would be going in any drag races.

As for the wiring, other than the knock sensor, seems like everything from the ex should just plug right in. Sorry if I am repeating a post for this issue. It's hard not to confirm my understanding from the pros before starting to spend the dough.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: h22 complete swap