Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

H22 Internals In f22b2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default H22 Internals In f22b2?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if the h22 springs, valves and retainers will fit the f22b2 motor. I am about to get a stage 2 cam regrind, stage 2 port and polish the head. already got a tuned p75 for it. Its all coming down pretty cheap but I wanted to know this if I decide to go turbo. I would think since they are both 2.2 ltr. its possible but not too sure???

Old 01-14-2011, 02:17 AM

Out of curiousity where are you getting the work done? That will get you a long way by itself.

To answer your question, It will not work. the h22 is dual over head cam while our f22b2's are single cam. the equipment and workings are entirely different in both heads. not to mention tolerances, guides, sizings, etc. If you dont want to spend a lot, just upgrade the springs. as long as your stock valves are in good shape and the head is sealing good, you should have no trouble otherwise.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Supper Moderator

check f22 and h22 part numbers for valves. But I'm going to assume NO they will not swap over.
With having a stage 2 cam you will need valve train done. Valves the retainers the works. Also if you decide to go turbo down the road you won't want to use a all motor type of cam. You will have too much over lap which is unwanted for turbo.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies

the cam is from delta cams. I am getting the head ported and polished In fontana CA. the guy does amazing work. should I use f22 springs or could I be able to use the springs from h22? actually If anyone can lead me to a link where I can find out the specs on both internals that would be great. how much power would you guys think I might get with the cam, p&p and ecu? the stock motor pushes 130

Old 01-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Supper Moderator

why do you want to use h22 springs anyways?...they aren't nothing special. With a cam you will need after market springs anyways to handle the stress of the new cam regrind along with valves retainers ect.
With the PNP cam and a chipped and tuned ecu I would say around 150-ish.
Make sure you get a tune after you add all tho parts or you won't gain much of any power and the engine will run like total pooop.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Supper Moderator

also not to poop on your build or anything. Bu if you are going performance...the f22b1/2 engines are not the way to go. The heads flow like crap and if you have vtec...well sohc vtec is only to get better MPG not for going fast.
If you really want to do a build and make some good power. I can tell you the right OEM parts to use to get you into the 170ish HP range. Then add the cam PnP ect. You will make some really good power. If your interested I can help you out. I even have a spare f22a head I would be willing to sell too

Old 01-25-2011, 08:45 PM

I have ran the Delta 272 on my old 250K+ mile engine for 2 years now and I never upgraded the springs. I beat the **** out of this motor every single day and nothing has broken. If you want to get the springs, I say get em for extra peace of mind.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Talking

Yeah I read your thread and i am pretty confident they will hold up. Ive heard of people push those internals to the max without destoying them. I am getting the 272 cam skunk2 adjustable cam gear and my ecu Is tuned on crome. plus the P&P I think it will do good. Ill update on the progress.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Supper Moderator

ohh it can be done. anything can be done just depends how long it will last. I'm really shocked that his lasted as long. My boy used the same cam profile from delta and did some damage to his rockers. I guess they might have been on the way out anyways

Old 01-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Yeah Ive pushed my motor before and it still seems to not even flinch.Ive heard people push 14 psi on stock internals on weekends for over 40000 miles no problems. F series seems to be underestimated. Lets see how mine goes haha

Quick Reply: H22 Internals In f22b2?