Help...wrench lost in the engine bay - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Help...wrench lost in the engine bay

Old 04-24-2008, 12:56 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Help...wrench lost in the engine bay

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]Hi Member..get your self a mechanics magnet and fish it out from below that box..Good Fishin to you!

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-24-2008, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

OH man, I feel your pain...

When I changed a tensioner pulley I dropped a nut from the backside of the tensioner lever. It fell down behind the alternator. So what should have been a 5-minute job turned out to include removing the alternator. And explaining to my wife why it's such a good thing that I know how to work on our own cars.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:23 AM

when i was changing my headlights my screwdriver fell down...i paniced..but realized it wasn't in the way of anything major so i drove the car slowly down the block until i heard something fall,got out picked it up and went back home.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I always seems to lose the really vital parts I don't keep stockedin the engine bay like fuel injector seals, spark plug tube seals, C-clips, etc. I left a crow foot on the fuel filter because I couldn't get it off.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:59 PM

Thats happened to me plenty of times. I droped a wrentch as well, and as soon as i moved the car it fell out. Ive also lost a 12mm socket in the rear seats somewhere, it doesnt rattle, but its lost and im never getting it back [&o]

Old 04-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i've lost so many things that i rather not think about it... when working on my turbo manifold, a nut somehow fell into the exhaust outlet and it took me half an hour to "fish it"... (tied a string to a magnet and of it goes!)

Old 04-25-2008, 05:38 PM

My magnet is worth its weight in gold. I have to use it almost every time I open my hood cause I drop so many nuts & bolts. My dad likes to drop wrenches in there and lose them. He lost one in my V6 one time near the battery just like you did. I have still never found it. I can only assume it fell out on the road somewhere!

Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 PM

Now, I know this wouldn't have helped the OP... but a while back I boughta those magnetic parts tray. It's by Craftsman, about 4"x10", w/ 3 round plasticized magnets on the bottom. It sticks to anything, won't scratch paint, and holds nuts, wrenches, etc. I don't open my hood w/o it anymore.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help...wrench lost in the engine bay

Advertising

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.