Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Honda Accord Cyprus

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Default Honda Accord Cyprus

I have just bought an Accord in Cyprus (although I am English this is where I live now) it’s a 1993-95 model, 2000 cc EX, Auto, 4 door saloon, Right hand drive, Engine is an F20B straight 4, Chassis is a CD4, and it is a JDM. The intake manifold is different to any I have yet seen, there is not an EGR to be seen any where on the intake manifold, there is a picture of it the photo gallery section. Cars in Cyprus never rust so they last almost for ever, it’s the mechanics that break down and becomes to costly to replace or you can not get the parts here in Cyprus, but fortunately I still have contacts in the UK so I am piecing together the different models there to correspond to mine here to get the parts. At the moment I am sorting out the vacuum issue with bad idling and the engine stopping when I apply the foot brake which would suggest the diaphragm inside the brake servo is broken, but I will do a smoke test first on all the vacuum areas, another thing I have noticed is that the foot brake relay is very noisy, a real loud click when the brake is applied, does any one else have the same issue?. The car needs lots of work done on it but I consider it worth it, it’s just been abused over the years. And the engine management light comes on, well this could be due to vacuum leaks maybe, so one step at a time, I have cleaned the fast idle valve and adjusted that so that’s OK, and I need to replace the speed sensor. I need to replace rear left side electric window winder, some one has either cut the cable or it has broken, how on earth this should ever happen I will never know, so a replacement here is needed, there are lots of broken parts like inner door handles, how do you break these? I am amazed, but there you go, OK guys I leave it there, any information is always welcome, thank you.