Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Increasing Piston Stroke (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/increasing-piston-stroke-22792/)

skatingclaybird 01-15-2009 11:28 AM

RE: Increasing Piston Stroke

if you stroke it ..there goes engine life

JohnL 01-15-2009 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

Its a matter of when, not if with the 6th gen autos.
And, the whole point of this thread is that the OP wants a substantial increase in torque, which isn't a good thing for an old gearbox that was marginal when new, even with the stock torque output.

AccordLXMaster 01-18-2009 04:17 PM

yea turns out ive been doing alot of research over the past few days and ive realized that i should just stick with HP...increasing torque really wont do me any good...so reasking the question now.....is there a way to increase horsepower other than the obvious NOS...turbo....aka forced induction....any ways? and if you would please state the substantial amount of increase i would get with each

cjdm98 01-18-2009 04:59 PM

Once again and again,the only logical way to go may be H22 swap (manual swap recommended.).And without getting a tune,and dyno,there will be no way of telling exact HP/Torque increase.

BlkCurrantKord 01-18-2009 05:15 PM

Hp is relative to Tq....

All the horsepower in the world won't do you any good if you dont have any Tq to move the vehicle. There are more ways to get Hp than by just swapping in another motor. You're spending upwards of $3k for 10hp and a loss in Tq with the H22.

To the OP - sounds like you're looking for the cheap way to get what you want. You can do the typical I/H/E...maybe some port matching on your intake manifold and head, get the TB bored out. Perhaps a stage 1 camshaft....you'll get a significant increase in both HP and Tq, even more so if you get it tuned.

AccordLXMaster 01-19-2009 01:32 PM

ok so i can get a cam shaft right??...im not really to keen on cam gears and cam shafts and fly wheels and what not..lol...so my auto can have a cam shaft??...ok that sounds pretty good and i prolly will go for the I/H/E setup..even tho i have 2 of the 3...and i kno all the horsepower in the world wont do me any good remember i told you ive been doing research....but the car has torque....somewhere around 150...thats do-able for my car...yea its heavy(for its class) but that torque is good enough..plus im not tryna tow anything so i really dont need much torque....now if i was racing my car for 1/8 mile drags then yes torque would be pretty important...

and as for the h22 swap currantkord i think you are kinda right here....3k for a 10hp increase???...mmm not really worth it....

and im really not looking for a cheap way i just want to see if there are any ways to make an HP increase other than forced induction....really tryna see exactly how many options the accord 6th gen has

falkore24 01-19-2009 05:28 PM

HP = tq * rpm / 5252 ...... remind me again how you plan to make HP, but dont care about torque. Horsepower is not real, torque at the output shaft of the engine is.

AccordLXMaster 01-19-2009 07:35 PM

wow im not saying i dont care about torque im saying that i dont care what the ending result of it is...thats what im sayin...im working to increase HP without worrying about what the ending torque is..yes we all know that hp is a result of torque but thing is im not focusing on increasing torque because i mean there arent many ways of doing it...yes normally when you increase torque you increase HP but im jus saying...like the headers....say if you get a 15hp gain and a 5tq gain....thats what im saying...regardless if it increases or decreases im working on HP

JohnL 01-19-2009 07:52 PM

AccordLXMaster,
You are getting more and more confused, my advice (FWIW) is to stop now, take a very deep breath, and buy some books on basic engine theory and modification before you spend anything on your car...

PS I suspect you've been doing your 'research' on the net, which might not be a good place to find reliable information if you don't already have some idea about what you're reading...

AccordLXMaster 01-20-2009 01:20 AM

sighh....why is it that i must be criticized and misunderstood....i know what im saying u just dont understand...now ill give you the botd maybe im just not putting it in words good enough but i know what im talking about....like..lets see how to say it....torque as falkore stated basically determines HP that i know...but let me get this straight youre telling me that the only way to increase HP is to increase torque..well yea i know that...thats common sense given that tq deter. hp....

maybe i need to reask the question because cjdm98 understood what i was saying....in what ways can i increase horsepower in my car... im going to name the ways that i know right off the bat to increase power so to speak

headers
intake
exhaust
engine swap aka h22
stroke/bore modification (really not worth it)
nitrous
turbocharger
tranny swap

now whether or not they give bigger or smaller gains is irrelevant...fact is they all increase power output correct?? well now im actually just asking if there are more ways and if so what are they and what are the nominal increases that you all have seen or heard of.....there i think thats the best way to rephrase it