Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Intake Air Temporate

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Default Intake Air Temporate

Has anyone heard of this device? There is a kid at work telling me you hook up this IAT onto your intake, and it regulates the air flow. Has anyone ever heard? I did a google and msn search and found nothing of it.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Intake Air Temporate

Sounds like one of the piggyback things that alters your IAT sensor signal so the ECU sees more air and sends more fuel. Half-*** way to get more "power".

Old 07-26-2007, 11:19 PM

Sounds like one of the piggyback things that alters your IAT sensor signal so the ECU sees more air and sends more fuel. Half-*** way to get more "power".
Piggyback thing? What do u mean more fuel? Like higher fuel consumption? And how is it half-***, cuz it tricks the ECU? It gives more "power", so why not..eh?

Old 07-31-2007, 10:54 PM

Does anyone know where the connector for the IAT goes? It looks like a wierd setup, saw it on a BMW, but i cant find it on my car.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:15 PM

its halfarsed cause its not something consistent, its not something ideal or even tuneable, doesnt make sense to dump more fuel in at every point on the rpm band when you arent efficently using it based on what the actual conditions are

Old 08-01-2007, 02:39 PM

If it was such a great product manufacturers would install it so they could advertise more power on their cars, but chances are it would kill your economy and add very little power...

Old 08-01-2007, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Dazed

Has anyone heard of this device? There is a kid at work telling me you hook up this IAT onto your intake, and it regulates the air flow. Has anyone ever heard? I did a google and msn search and found nothing of it.
regulates air? that's the job of the throttle body. i dont see how something else could do that.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:39 PM

not worth it

Old 08-02-2007, 11:00 AM

Well i never found it on the car. And it was worth seeing what it would do. And if anything improved.
Oh well..

Old 08-02-2007, 12:39 PM

It works by telling your ECUthat the air is colder (and more dense) then it really is. This convinces the ECU to inject more fuel to keep to the correct ratio. Its kinda pointless because even though you inject more fuel per cycle you still dont have enough air to cleanly burn the fuel, ergo you just waste fuel.

Quick Reply: Intake Air Temporate