Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

intake question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:18 AM
tmgator14
Unregistered
Default intake question

hey guysim thinkin about gettin a short ram intake for my 03 accord ex v6 but allcould find when i went to sites like injen an aem were cool air intakes. Can anyonehelp me find a good sri for myaccord thats under 200. Also do sri's cause a decrease in fuel economy, if so how much.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Default RE: intake question

Try eBay. get a cheapo SRI and put a good filter like an AEM, Apexi, K&N, etc.. on the end. Do NOT use the filter that comes with the cheapo SRI. Youcan get a cheap SRIfor $20 or so on eBay. Here's one I found for $8: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...3756.m20.l1116
Took me all of 5minutes searching on eBay

Old 03-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

they way tha tone looks, if you didn't win it for $8, you could probably build it for just as much if not less.

go to VatoZone and buy a nice filter, and then go to home depot and buy some piping and some screw-clamps, et viola

Old 03-24-2008, 09:35 AM

Yeah you could do any SRI or CAI that way haha. But for $8 (that is the "buy it now" price) why go through the hassle of custom making one? buy it for $8, then go to Advance Auto Parts and buy an AEM Dryflow or a K&N filter and you got a SRI for around $60 or so that works every bit as well as wasting $200+ on a name brand piece of pipe that is 5 inches long.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:02 PM
tmgator14
Unregistered

ok i think im gonna buy the $8 sri on ebay that really comes out to $30 with shipping but w/e. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this topic so if u guys wouldn't mind could u tell me exactly wat aem filter(or whatever the best filter is)to buy cause i looked and couldn't figure out withall the dimensions on the things if they would fit on the pipe. thanx

Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 AM

I brought my junk filter that came with my SRI in to Advance Auto Parts an opened the box of an AEM Dryflow filter to make sure the dimensions were the same. I believe it is 3" in diameter where it inserts into the pipe on mine. It should be the same for that SRI. that pipe is so short, you should just bring the pipe with you to an Advance or AutoZone and make sure either a K&N or AEM Dryflow will fit on there.
Apexi is supposed to be the best, but the filter alone costs around $100. An AEM Dryflow or a K&N are both in the $40-$50 range if you get them at an auto parts store.I went with the AEM Dryflow since you don't have to oil it (You DO have to oil K&N filters.)

Old 03-25-2008, 11:05 AM

The oil isn't much of a problem ..... especially with an SRI system. You wash the filter once a year and spray on the oil after it dries. I don't trust the cleanability of dryflow.

Also, I'd look for a pipe that is a bit longer with a turn. That one is going to be loud!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:21 PM

The pipe on the eBay page says 3.5" diameter, keep that in mind.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
tmgator14
Unregistered

hey guys thanx for ur input. I was heeding the word of falkore that the ebay sri was going to be extremely loud so i did some more digging and found this, http://weapon-r.com/english/index.ph...oducts_id=5642, have any ofu ever heard of this brand. I realize it says 3.2L, is this a typo cause i dont think honda make a 3.2 L accord. Any input is welcome.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:05 PM

Those weapon Rs sure look cool.

Quick Reply: intake question